Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid X4 for 2011 with Hyper Lithium Ion Batteries

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
    With the new batteries and motor platforms, a cordless grinder is a lot closer. I hear you on the impact wrench - for the last few years ;-) Unfortunately, the market for that product is just not big enough (when primarily selling through one outlet.)

As for the radio noise, I'll have to ask the engineers.

Thanks for the posts.
    Cordless anything is a plus, be it grinder, jig saw or any other tool. More bare tools would be excellent, to help those who bought a kit to add to their arsenal, but with only a single retailer it would be tough to ask for more shelf space for bare tools if they have had them before and not moved the product.

Comment

Here's the new charger from HD's website. Also saw it in the store today.
      http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
        With the new batteries and motor platforms, a cordless grinder is a lot closer. I hear you on the impact wrench - for the last few years ;-) Unfortunately, the market for that product is just not big enough (when primarily selling through one outlet.)

As for the radio noise, I'll have to ask the engineers.

Thanks for the posts.
        ryobi and craftsman sold primarily through one outlet yet they have cordless impact wrenches!
        Last edited by pesciwasp; 04-11-2011, 11:10 PM. Reason: misquote

Comment

It says under the info for the charger on the HD site that it is compatible with all 9.6v-18v batteries, now I wonder if that includes the 12v stick battery. The picture looked as though it only had the top load slot for the traditional batteries. Anyone else get a better look at it?

Comment

Originally posted by kenthanson View Post
            It says under the info for the charger on the HD site that it is compatible with all 9.6v-18v batteries, now I wonder if that includes the 12v stick battery. The picture looked as though it only had the top load slot for the traditional batteries. Anyone else get a better look at it?
            think it says most not all

Comment

Nope, no slot for the pistol grip batteries ... and again, the 24v crowd gets it in the shorts with a big double finger salute. Seriously ridgid, what did we 24v maxselect buyers do to get the big screw you, we don't care about you, go away already. By far, the 24v line out performed any 18v tool ridgid makes not to mention giving Milwaukee a run for its money on the 28v line. My 24v circular saw will damn near cut anything as fast as its corded frego cousin, something that not one of my 18v saws will do. Reciprocating saw, in the 18v flavor isn't worth much IMHO, but the 24v was better.

I know this is beating a dead horse but why exclude the 24v crowd with the multi-voltage items such as the new jobsite radio and now the multi-voltage battery charger.... thanks a lot...

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                ryobi and craftsman sold primarily through one outlet yet they have cordless impact wrenches!
                Good point! What's the down side of Ridgid offering this tool? Are they afraid they would increase sales of their kits? I'm sure TTI or whoever already has the plans from the Ryobi and other brands they make so it would be simple to make it for the Ridgid line.

Comment

So are the x4 batteries compatible with the x3 tools and vise-versa? A guy at work lost my impact driver and battery and has offered to replace it, but I have only found the x4 in stock online, not in the store, so I can't look at it to tell, and the x3 is backordered.

Hopefully I would want it to charge on my old chargers(I have 5 of them) as well as its charger charging my old batteries.

The only other option is to get a used one with a battery on E-Bay, but then there would be no LSA, one of the biggest reasons for getting these tools over other brands.

Comment

From what I gather, the x4 will be backwards compatible

Comment

Yes, the X4 batteries will be backwards compatible.

Comment

I stop at Home Depots while traveling for work in hopes to find an X4 set but so far nothing, how much longer ProBrand?

Comment

The impact is at all my local stores, but the drill is no where to be found...

Comment

Got the impact today. Love the light and the battery meter. Wish it had come with the 3 amp battery instead but I'll manage

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                              The impact is at all my local stores, but the drill is no where to be found...
                              Looks like the X4 tools are on http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ryId=100646503 on the rolling tab below.

Comment

Yeah I saw some of the tools listed but not the combo kit. I'll keep waiting, as if there is anything else I can do.

Comment

Working...
                                X