Ridgid X4 for 2011 with Hyper Lithium Ion Batteries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid X4 for 2011 with Hyper Lithium Ion Batteries

They're available for purchase at Home Depot online, still haven't seen the kit at stores but I was able to handle one of the X4 impacts and I like the new grip so maybe I'll just order seeing as there isn't any shipping charge. Anyway just thought I would give everyone a heads up

Comment

I bought the new 12v compact, and I do like the raised bumped over mould grip.

Comment

Does anyone know how many Batteries are in the new X4 combo kit? The X3 kit had two, but in the X4 kit description, it says 'battery' (singular).

Comment

Pictures show two so I am assuming. . .

Comment

In reading this forum and learning the Ridgid 24v systems & batteries have been completely abandoned (?) comes my question:

--- are any of these 18v X3 / X4 batteries at all compatible with 24v tools? ---

Are they slot compatible? Would a 24V tool work at all?

A couple of years ago I bought a a set of MaxSelect tools, wanting some good tools for home remodeling. Picked ridgid + 24V + Li-Ion + LSA for those reasons above cheaper competitors. The tools have done some good work, but I think the batteries are starting to go. So, now - or 6 or 12 months from now - what do I do if / when the batteries fail?

New & better technology is great (though often it is just a facade & marketing ploy with cost savings & new skin without any practical improvement) - but - are people expected to just keep buying new kits every couple years? And throw the old ones in the dumpster?
            Last edited by icerabbit; 05-10-2011, 07:41 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Just found this thread on the battery topic:
              http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...7301-Ryobi-24V

Comment

OK, I know this is a dumb question, but I have to ask. About a month ago I bought the X3 5 piece combo kit. I had no idea the X4 stuff was coming around. I had an issue with another Ridgid battery and today a new X4 compact 18v battery was in my mailbox. So now I know it exist. Here is the question.

I alreay sent in my UPC and warranty info for my X3 kit, however I am still within my 90 days. Is there anyway to swap out my X3 kit for an X4 kit? I know I am dreaming, but thought I would ask.

Comment

Originally posted by icerabbit View Post
                  In reading this forum and learning the Ridgid 24v systems & batteries have been completely abandoned (?) comes my question:

--- are any of these 18v X3 / X4 batteries at all compatible with 24v tools? ---

Are they slot compatible? Would a 24V tool work at all?

A couple of years ago I bought a a set of MaxSelect tools, wanting some good tools for home remodeling. Picked ridgid + 24V + Li-Ion + LSA for those reasons above cheaper competitors. The tools have done some good work, but I think the batteries are starting to go. So, now - or 6 or 12 months from now - what do I do if / when the batteries fail?

New & better technology is great (though often it is just a facade & marketing ploy with cost savings & new skin without any practical improvement) - but - are people expected to just keep buying new kits every couple years? And throw the old ones in the dumpster?
                  The Max select tools were capable of running on both 18v and 24v batteries and as ProBrand said earlier in this thread the new x4 batteries are reverse compatible with older 18v tools, ie max select series old nicad tools as well as first generation lithium 18v tools. Also if you registered your tools your batteries will be covered by the LSA so if they do die take them in and get them replaced!

Comment

Originally posted by crashbowman View Post
                    I alreay sent in my UPC and warranty info for my X3 kit, however I am still within my 90 days. Is there anyway to swap out my X3 kit for an X4 kit? I know I am dreaming, but thought I would ask.
                    Only you and your retailer can answer that question. Most frown upon missing upc but you won't know until you ask.

Comment

For what it is worth: I returned my table saw < 90 days (had to keep my foot down to do it ... against Home Depot 30 day power tool policy ) with a partial box (recycled one side, plus box was cut open to get saw out of vehicle). My bill was a pro-desk invoice and they did the return based on that. Scanning of the UPC wasn't part of my return transaction. I made a point of handing the copy of the invoice onto which I had stapled the UPC to the clerk ... but I got a sense they didn't need the UPC ... in this case.

Typically, with a standard print roll receipt I have always seen the return desk scan the UPC of whatever I return & receipt barcode. Typing in the item code is possible, but they typically don't like it, as it means the item can't be resold.

Sometimes exchanges are easy, sometimes they take a little convincing.

All depends on the $$$, mint condition of the tools, which clerk on which day, your frequency of visiting the store, ... it helps if they recognize you personally.

YMMV. You'll just have to try it.

Comment

ALL of the ridgid tools at HD use to have a 90 day return for any reason policy, or at least I thought it did. I thought it said that on the side of the box.

I returned a cordless set once about 85 days after the purchase with no problem. However, it was also an unopened box.

Comment

Has anyone gotten the the kit yet who can confirm it comes with one or two batteries?

Comment

It shows no longer available on-line and I still haven't found a store that carries the 5 pc kit, anyone seen these yet? I know ProBrand was saying April to May I guess I thought we would be seeing them available by now though. Anyone?

Comment

Still X3 in the 2 Home Depots I was at this week, for what it is worth. The state of Maine is pretty low volume market, but I guess that could almost be an advantage in that smaller stores & less stock to move through makes easier room for a new product??

Comment

Shows two online

Comment

Working...
                                X