Ridgid X4 for 2011 with Hyper Lithium Ion Batteries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ridgid X4 for 2011 with Hyper Lithium Ion Batteries

So when are these supposed to be in stores?

Comment

Originally posted by Ru&Lins_05 View Post
      So when are these supposed to be in stores?
      First part of July where I am at. Your best bet is to ask your Tool Department Manager, he will know. Some markets get them sooner than others.
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

I got the hammerdrill kit a month ago. It is awesome, the best Ridgid drill, and battery, I've seen yet. Today I used it to drive six 3/8" lag screws consecutively, also a bunch of 3" screws as well. The battery still had four bars of life when I was done.

Comment

Does HD put the Ridgid tool kits on sale very often?

I have decided I will purchase this kit but have no immediate need I know I can always apply a 10% HD or Lowes coupons at my local store but was wondering if I wait a bit will I see a sale?
          Last edited by Troy Zabransky; 06-22-2011, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
            the x3 flashlight was 24v compatible amazingly, I want to find one to complete my 24v set as it would give me all the 24v tools. I like my x3 hammer drill, but I still prefer the 24v drills by far.
            here it is

Comment

Originally posted by Troy Zabransky View Post
              Does HD put the Ridgid tool kits on sale very often?

I have decided I will purchase this kit but have no immediate need I know I can always apply a 10% HD or Lowes coupons at my local store but was wondering if I wait a bit will I see a sale?
              I have been wondering same. I know there have been some sales in the past, but I have been watching the X3 and X4 Combos since Black Friday last year and never a discount.

No black Friday Discount, No After Christmas Discount, No April Tool event, No Father's day special.

I am like you , I don't have an immediate need, but I will buy if they ever put on sale again.

I know Lowes has had the Dewalt Kits on Sale several times in the last year,a 4 piece kit for $249.

I know it is not lifetime, and not as good as the ridgid, but it is a dewalt and it is almost half the price.

Comment

The only thing I've seen for the x-3 kit was when it came with a bonus 1.5 AH Batt. and the small radio for the same price. I'd love to know if they were going to do something like that again.

Comment

Originally posted by chrishouse View Post
                  I have been wondering same. I know there have been some sales in the past, but I have been watching the X3 and X4 Combos since Black Friday last year and never a discount.

No black Friday Discount, No After Christmas Discount, No April Tool event, No Father's day special.

I am like you , I don't have an immediate need, but I will buy if they ever put on sale again.

I know Lowes has had the Dewalt Kits on Sale several times in the last year,a 4 piece kit for $249.

I know it is not lifetime, and not as good as the ridgid, but it is a dewalt and it is almost half the price.

I just got my X4 combo (5 piece) at HD. I saw some X3 combo (5 piece) for $411 but wanted the better battery in the X4.

Comment

I'd been saving gift cards since Christmas and stopped in to Home Depot while I was in Toledo last Friday. I happened to look up and on the top shelf up above the tools, they had 4 fresh boxes of the X4 combo set. I'd asked the guy in the tool area if those were for sale yet and he said they'd just gotten them in 2 days earlier and didn't even have the display up for them yet. He got one down for me and I told him the only way I would buy it is if they gave me 12 months at 0% instead of 6 months, and he directed me to the customer service desk. The girl at the counter asked me how much I had in gift cards and when I told her $175, she said let's make it $200, and gave me an extra $25 credit. After this experience, my thoughts of Home Depot Have changed. I'm usually more of a Lowe's kinda guy. I love the set. I've really only used the impact driver and the circular saw so far. The tools all have LED lights and have an excellent feel in my hands. I used the circular saw on a piece of wood and it cut like butter. Anyone looking for an X4 set should not be dissapointed with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Harmon View Post
                      I'd been saving gift cards since Christmas and stopped in to Home Depot while I was in Toledo last Friday. I happened to look up and on the top shelf up above the tools, they had 4 fresh boxes of the X4 combo set. I'd asked the guy in the tool area if those were for sale yet and he said they'd just gotten them in 2 days earlier and didn't even have the display up for them yet. He got one down for me and I told him the only way I would buy it is if they gave me 12 months at 0% instead of 6 months, and he directed me to the customer service desk. The girl at the counter asked me how much I had in gift cards and when I told her $175, she said let's make it $200, and gave me an extra $25 credit. After this experience, my thoughts of Home Depot Have changed. I'm usually more of a Lowe's kinda guy. I love the set. I've really only used the impact driver and the circular saw so far. The tools all have LED lights and have an excellent feel in my hands. I used the circular saw on a piece of wood and it cut like butter. Anyone looking for an X4 set should not be dissapointed with it.
                      You got the 5 Combo piece set for $200?

If you can get one for me for that, I will pay you $300 AND pay for shipping to me. Better yet, I will buy ALL they have remaining for $300 each if they will sell them for that.

Seriously, can you PM me the number to that store and who you spoke with? I will call them direct.

Comment

What I read was he paid $300 plus tax, interest free for a year. He had $175 in gift cards, the woman bumped him up to $200 in credit. $327 out the door with tax with his gift cards. Somebody selling those for $200 would get FIRED in an instant, that is stealing!
                        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

So I picked up a set in the Bowling Green store and I'll tell you what the 50 mile drive was well worth it!! I'm very impressed with the new line of tools. Much better than the X3 line of tools, power lasts noticeably longer than the previous 2 generations. I like the added light to the recip saw as well. THe new style light it also great, best of the x2 and x3 in one package. I guess I'll stop bugging you about when they will be released now ProBand.

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
                            what i read was he paid $300 plus tax, interest free for a year. He had $175 in gift cards, the woman bumped him up to $200 in credit. $327 out the door with tax with his gift cards. Somebody selling those for $200 would get fired in an instant, that is stealing!
                            no! He got $25 off the set thats 5% off

Comment

Registered my set online on 7/4 and mailed everything in on 7/5.

Email received on 8/31 the set now had LSA which I confirmed online.

Not sure if they have improved the system or I am just an exception? The last item I registered in December 2010 took 4 months for the LSA.

Comment

HD has a free battery offer for all X-4 tools in the ad that came out today.

Comment

Working...
                                X