• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid X4 for 2011 with Hyper Lithium Ion Batteries

Here you go....

http://dewaltownersgroup.com/index.php/topic,619.0.html

Re: Ridgid X4 for 2011 with Hyper Lithium Ion Batteries

how messed up is it that the new RIDGID tools are on the Dewalt site before this one!

Comment

And....

Here you go again......

http://dewaltownersgroup.com/index.p...n.html#msg2208

Comment

am i the only person who thinks this is lame?

Comment

no, you are not alone. Very strange that we're getting second hand info.

Comment

I don't like it either. The press tours happen before the product launches so it can make the appropriate print deadlines, however there is nothing stopping anyone from posting online immediately. I will look into adjusting the process so this doesn't happen. Thanks much for posting.

Comment

Guess I won't post anything additional in the future.

Comment

I just did a google search for "Ridgid 1/2" heavy duty cordless impact", and found one of my old posts.
                http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22382
                Would be nice to know what tools are going to be offered, or not offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  I just did a google search for "Ridgid 1/2" heavy duty cordless impact", and found one of my old posts.
                  http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22382
                  Would be nice to know what tools are going to be offered, or not offered.
                  well good to see you dont give up.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                    well good to see you dont give up.
                    I'm curious how many folks about to purchase their first cordless set ask the same questions? I admit, at the time I bought my five piece nicad set by Ridgid I did not consider the limited tool offering compared to DeWalt, Milwaukee, or even Ryobi. Had I gone with one of those other brands, I would have my 1/2" heavy duty cordless impact and I would not have had to buy a cordless grinder by another manufacturer.

Obviously Ridgid sells enough of their cordless tools to keep them going, without the addition of all the other tools offered by the brands I mentioned. Would Ridgid sell even more tools and tool sets if they had a full offering like DeWalt, or Milwaukee??????

I'm certain that with all the Ridgid cordless tool owners out there already, along with first time buyers. if there was a big display at Home Depot with the same tools offered by the other brands only with the Ridgid name there would be a lot of sales.
                    Imagine seeing all those tools and a ad line saying they accept your current Ridgid batteries? I'd pick up three or more tools immediately and so would plenty of other current Ridgid owners.
                    Last edited by Frankiarmz; 03-05-2011, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      Would Ridgid sell even more tools and tool sets if they had a full offering like DeWalt, or Milwaukee?
                      Dewalt and Milwaukee don't have their hands tied behind their backs by an exclusive agreement with the Home Depot beast. The HD Corporate poobahs ultimately call the shots regarding what Ridgid/TTI is allowed to bring to market.

If you've ever noticed how Ridgid and Ryobi (more so Ryobi than Ridgid) have a history of introducing a new tool, only to have it disappear from market a few months later? There's your reason. HD's whims.

The Ryobi P550 was a classic example. It was an 8 1/2" compond miter saw for the 18V One-Plus battery system. Trim carpenters and hobbyists loved it. People have begged Ryobi to reintroduce it and used ones sell for more than they did new. But since HD doesn't think it's marketable at the levels they need it to be, we'll never see it on the shelves again.

You can't dance with the devil without scorching your feet.
                      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                        Dewalt and Milwaukee don't have their hands tied behind their backs by an exclusive agreement with the Home Depot beast. The HD Corporate poobahs ultimately call the shots regarding what Ridgid/TTI is allowed to bring to market.

If you've ever noticed how Ridgid and Ryobi (more so Ryobi than Ridgid) have a history of introducing a new tool, only to have it disappear from market a few months later? There's your reason. HD's whims.

The Ryobi P550 was a classic example. It was an 8 1/2" compond miter saw for the 18V One-Plus battery system. Trim carpenters and hobbyists loved it. People have begged Ryobi to reintroduce it and used ones sell for more than they did new. But since HD doesn't think it's marketable at the levels they need it to be, we'll never see it on the shelves again.

Thanks for the informative response. I'm one of many people who remember the Ryobi P550 and regret not buying it way back when. I doubt it was a workhorse but with today's lithium batteries, I bet it would be a great tool for small jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post

its back, saw the 18 volt miter saw at the store this week. Its in a green package now

Comment

Well sonofabitch. How 'bout that.
                            Gots to have me one.
                            Thanks.
                            "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

maybe they listened? Maybe!

Comment

Working...
                              X