X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid air compressor help

i have a ridgid gp90135 wheelbarrow gas compressor. when i start it up it builds air pressure in the tanks. pressure set 100psi. when pressure get to the max instead of switching the throttle underloader off so no more air goes to tanks the motor shuts down. i would let the pressure out start again and the same thing happens. tried many times will always the same result. whats wrong with my compresser? im building a room and need it now. its 2 years old with not much use. i dont want to send out. i can fix myself. just need to know the problim and have the part asap.

Re: ridgid air compressor help

Possibly a defective unloader valve.

See Page 16 for trouble shooting, and the parts list at the end:
    Manual

Hope that helps,
    Ern

Comment

there is a adjustment but not much out there on how to do it. very simple to take apart and put together. just can figure how to adjust. they should sell rebuild kits and how to. unit looks very eady to rebuild. why buy the whole unit if there is one defective part or o ring inside. the cost of a o ring or any other small parts inside should not cost alot to get. buying the whole thing is $70.00 plus shipping

Comment

Re: Ridgid air compressor help

is the unloader unloading the air pressure or the pump? or is it stalling the motor from over load, if it is stalling then the unloader is most likely dirty or faulty, (most of the time if the unloader is faulty it will keep building pressure until the safety valve blows),

if it is unloading and then dieing then (and the manual gives some indication it is a idle down unit at least there is some throttle control in the parts list off the unloader),

but is

or will the motor idle, is the carburetor idle jet clean? is the fuel good, in other words is it good enough fuel to allow the compressor enough power to idle?

If it is dieing on the idle down (disconnect that from the motor) if it is a have to use situation, and use it and figure it out later), the wear will be a little greater and the fuel usage greater but it should not hurt any thing if the motor runs steady,

(I have dealt with some gas power air compressors but none had the idle down feature, only an unloader that dumped the air or shut down the cylinders from pumping)

these were two thoughts I had when I first read the post.

first you need to figure out is the problem in the unloader or the motor
        Last edited by BHD; 03-01-2011, 12:23 PM.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

i did find a step buy step on how to adjust low psi and hi psi. i had it running great turn on and off when it was supose to . then just before dark i i started to see if was still fine. it started fine and as i build pressure to the high psi the engine stalled. so in gona start from scratch and reset step by step. what other things can cause the engine to stall at max psi

Comment

this is the member that will know exactly what is wrong and what needs to be done to fix it.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/member.php?u=31409

surprised he hasn't found the thread yet.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Ok, I'll give it a try...

First thing we need to know is if the unloader is working. Watch the throttle on the engine. Does the throttle close when the set PSI is reached, just before the engine dies? Do you hear a little "poosh" of air just before the engine dies? That's where we need to start - try to determine if it's an unloader issue or a carburetor issue. Both issues are fairly common.

Rick, the wife just had surgery, my forum visits have been sporadic at best.
              "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

thanks doctordeere. hope all is well with you and your wife.

i enjoy reading your post and learning from you

now if all else fails, i can sell him 1 of my 7 identical ones i have in stock

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

She's doing far better than she would be expected to at this point. There's no substitute for researching surgeons and choosing the one at the top of the field.

You? Learn from me?
                  I'm honored. Thanks. My hat no longer fits.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                    Ok, I'll give it a try...

First thing we need to know is if the unloader is working. Watch the throttle on the engine. Does the throttle close when the set PSI is reached, just before the engine dies? Do you hear a little "poosh" of air just before the engine dies? That's where we need to start - try to determine if it's an unloader issue or a carburetor issue. Both issues are fairly common.

Rick, the wife just had surgery, my forum visits have been sporadic at best.
                    took underloader out last night gave it another cleaning and from what i can see every thing looks good inside. im gona put in in today and adjust it. then i will go from there

Comment

i figured it out. it took me 3 days but i learned alot about the compressure. it was the gas cap. vent must be bad. when it ran it wwould for a while then stall after it sat i would start right up. 2 days ago i checked the bowl for dirt ant the float. bowl was full. so thats how i got throne off. i got real lucky after ajusting the unloader many times and trying different settings it would start then stall. i thought to myself its acting like its getting no gas but the tank was full. i took a bowl screw off and no gas coming out. took cap off and gas came out. so i adjusted my loader to were i wanted them with cap off. now every thing works like it should. just wanted to share watch out for the gas cap on these. thank for the help Bill

Comment

Glad you discovered the issue.
                        Job well done!
                        Makes you feel great, doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                        X