X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water seperator for wheel barrow compressor

what will work best to seperate water from my ridgid gp90135. any thoughts or designs to make it work. when i was using my small angle grinder i was getting alot of water

Re: water seperator for wheel barrow compressor

I was wondering..have you ever drained the tank from condensation?

Home Depot, Lowe's, Harbor Freight, all sell a water trap you can install.

Cactus Man

Comment

i just did for the first time i didnt know about the drains under the tanks. i have alot off big $ air tools so should i put one on. and can someone give me a part # that will work good with my wheelbarrow

Comment

Just go to HD, Lowe's, Ace Hardware, Tractor Supply, NAPA, Sears, Harbor Freight, etc. where they have the pneumatic tools. Look for a water separator. Preferably one with 3/8 NPT ports. Brand doesn't matter, they're all about the same.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Make sure that you drain those tanks every day, after use. Moisture build-up in those tanks can and will cause premature corrosion.

I'm surprised you've accumulated that much condensation, unless you've put a lot of hours on it, especially in a humid conditions. During the warmer months, there is more humidity and attention to condensate drainage is important. (The colder the air, the less ability it has to hold moisture, so winter conditions pose less of a problem. Either way, as the air is compresse, much of the moisture will drop out in the form of condensation, which can build up in the tank.)

If you are using your air tools a lot, you should check whatever moisture trap you add, often.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Working...
          X