Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Difference between 3,000 and 3,300 PW (Current Ridgid Models)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between 3,000 and 3,300 PW (Current Ridgid Models)

First, new guy here so be nice.

In regard to the Ridgid 3,000 and 3,300 pressure washers, I've read most of the posts on this site. Most of the opinions/facts are dated or, in other words, may not be relevant. I'm trying to figure out the difference between the two; other than the obvious. Basically, is the difference in price worth it???

I have already figured out that spending less than $400 will get you a decent motor and a throw away pump. That's why my focus is on the Ridgid models. And I also know the 3,000 psi unit will meet my needs, so don't ask me what I'll be using it for. I know that the 3,300 is an EFI model but not sure if that is good or bad, depending upon actual experience (Subaru website says the worlds first EFI small engine).

So is the motor and pump difference worth the difference in cost. The factors are performance, dependablity, and durabilty. Real world experience (or solid second hand ) would be appreciated. But to tell you the truth, I'm not fond of the cleaner dispenser on the 3,000.

I'll thank you in advance for your thoughts...good or bad.

Re: Difference between 3,000 and 3,300 PW (Current Ridgid Models)

The NEW 3000 PSI unit no longer has the soap tank & dispenser valve. You can have a look at it here:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/RD80704-...r/EN/index.htm
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
      The NEW 3000 PSI unit no longer has the soap tank & dispenser valve. You can have a look at it here:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/RD80704-...r/EN/index.htm
      Quick note to thank you for your help. Your right, the new model does not have the soap tank. After your reply to another post of mine concerning the 3,300 psi model, I found this one also has the new Idle Down Technology. It also includes a turbo nozzle that I planned on adding to the new pressure washer.

So I found the new model at the local HD and brought one home. We'll know more about its actual operation in a couple weeks when it gets a little warmer around here. But for now, my search is over.

And thanks again. I might not have figured these things out on my own if you hadn't pointed some things out.

Comment

I have the 80701 bought in 2010 at 2009 prices due to a price tag mishap , and really enjoy using it. I've never used the on board soap tank, but have used a jug of soap with the siphon device.

Seeing the changes (no on-board soap tank, added idle-down, added turbo nozzle), I'm interested to learn how well people like it.

Also, the 80701 is now called "premium": Link. It appears to be the same as the one I have.

Comment

Originally posted by JoePolvino View Post
          Also, the 80701 is now called "premium": Link. It appears to be the same as the one I have.
          It is. They call it "Premium" because of the CAT pump.
          "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Working...
          X