Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion, Info on the Ridgid Model RD80702 PW?

Does anyone have any experience or comments, pro or con, on the Ridgid 3,300 psi pressure washer? I'm looking for info on the current model, Number RD80702 sold at HD.

Most of the posts on PW that I'm finding on this site do not apply to current models. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by Greg_in_IND; 03-09-2011, 05:56 PM.

Re: Opinion, Info on the Ridgid Model RD80702 PW?

I'd wait. The RD80702 is being replaced this season.
    The EFI engine was not as well-received as TTI would have hoped and has been supposedly dropped from the lineup.

The new replacement unit is RD80706 (RD80993 with the CARB-compliant engine). It features an auto-idle setup allowing the engine to idle down when you're not spraying.
    Last edited by Doctordeere; 03-09-2011, 07:14 PM.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Thanks for the information. It seems your right about the replacement, but was looking for something this spring. Not sure when this unit might be available at HD.

I know that you said the EFI motor was not well received, but is it a dependable and reliable motor? I've figured out to only consider the units manufactured mid to late 2010. And it does seem the replacement unit has a similar Subaru engine less EFI but the idle down feature added....which would be a great feature, by the way.

I guess if I don't figure this out, I'll just go rent one. Just be nice to have one in the garage as I'm sure it would get used all summer.

Let me know and thanks again.

Comment

The Ex21-EFI was/is dependable and reliable in it's current form - there were issues with the first batch, just like the first batch of just about anything.

The two big complaints about the EFI is the lack of any accelerator pump (so the engine stumbles and hesitates when going from no load to full load) and it's rough running under no load. The EFI would have been fine on an engine that operates under a constant load, but it's not well suited to a pressure washer.

If you want a good one and you want it now, some HD locations still have a few RD80763 units on-hand. It's basically the same as an RD80702 except with a carburetor instead of EFI.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Working...
        X