X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X3 tools with 24v battery/

I am wondering if x3 tools will work with a 24 volt battery.

Re: X3 tools with 24v battery/

Good luck finding 24V batteries. If you already have some, take one to home depot and try it out on a tool, see if it works.
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Nope, I have both, its a no go. Ridgid screwed the 24v crowd. The 24v set is my favorite kit hands down, nothing compares to it.

Comment

I fully agree that Ridgid screwed the 24v crowd. I love my set, i have had it for almost 4 years and use the tools daily. It is hard for me to understand why they couldn't keep this line going, or at least keep a line of dual voltage tools. The fact that Ridgid changes their lines constantly has to hurt their presence in the power tool market and is the reason that the rest of my tools all say Milwaukee.

Comment

Originally posted by rynei View Post
          I fully agree that Ridgid screwed the 24v crowd. I love my set, i have had it for almost 4 years and use the tools daily. It is hard for me to understand why they couldn't keep this line going, or at least keep a line of dual voltage tools. The fact that Ridgid changes their lines constantly has to hurt their presence in the power tool market and is the reason that the rest of my tools all say Milwaukee.
          milwaukee churns out tools, 12 and 18 volt faster than anyone. And somehow their 28v tools ("no one wants or needs higher than 18v") still remain, and their owners love them, hmm?!

Comment

Haha its like Ridgid doesn't realize that there are rednecks in this world. While it may be true that i typically don't need 24 volts, i want 24 volts. If they could make one light enough i would take 50 volts just because it would be awesome! I know alot of people are turned off by these tools because they price increases alot with added volts, but it is worth every penny. The added power with 24v isn't usually needed, but the amount of work you get out of a single battery charge makes it worth the extra cost and extra weight. If i could find a buyer for my Ridgid set i would dump it and buy a new Milwaukee 28v set.

Comment

I modified one of my old 18v drills so the 24v battery would fit. It works, but who knows how long the poor thing can handle the extra voltage. If it burns it up, I really don't care as I always use my 24v tools and my compact 18v or x3 18v drills. The 24v tools are so much better than the 18v tools. They are much more like their corded cousins.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                I modified one of my old 18v drills so the 24v battery would fit. It works, but who knows how long the poor thing can handle the extra voltage. If it burns it up, I really don't care as I always use my 24v tools and my compact 18v or x3 18v drills. The 24v tools are so much better than the 18v tools. They are much more like their corded cousins.
                ok ill bite, how did you do that?

Comment

All you need is a dremel like tool, and you remove 2 raised areas on the sides of the battery guides on the drill. Compare the two drills and you can see the difference. The battery won't lock on unless you also cut two indentations for the battery lock as they are different as well

Comment

Working...
                  X