X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Adapter for R884 Dual Voltage Reciprocating Saw

Is there a power adapter for the R884 Dual Voltage Reciprocating Saw? I use the saw alot and sometimes find that I use up both batteries quickly. It would be nice to have the option of just plugging it in and using it.

Thanks,
    Chris

Re: Power Adapter for R884 Dual Voltage Reciprocating Saw

It's not particularly practical. Look at one of the plug-in AC power adapters for any one of your 12V household electronic gadgets... you'll see that they're typically rated for 1 to 3 amps. A cordless tool under full load can require 15 or more amps. Now think of how big the adapter and power cord would have to be.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Now in non condescending form, no good sir, there is not.

Comment

Pickup the better+affordable corded Milwaukee recip saw which typically runs 99 which is stronger and more cost-effective than building your own power adapter. Switch between either saw depending upon workload and available power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
          It's not particularly practical. Look at one of the plug-in AC power adapters for any one of your 12V household electronic gadgets... you'll see that they're typically rated for 1 to 3 amps. A cordless tool under full load can require 15 or more amps. Now think of how big the adapter and power cord would have to be.
          dewalt had one for 24 volt tools, and i believe hitachi has one right now for 18 volt

Comment

Working...
          X