X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Dremel accessories with Jobmax

I apologize for the stupid question, however I can't figure it out.

I recently purchased a new JobMax as well as a stainless steel "polishing" brush by Dremel.

There was an "attachment" piece that came with the Jobmax for Dremel and Bosch attachments. The only thing I saw in the manual on how to use the attachments was "put D out for Dremel, B for Bosch", basically.

So, my question is, how does the Dremel attachment actually attach to the JobMax?

Thanks in advance

Re: Using Dremel accessories with Jobmax

Jos,

Welcome to the Ridgid forum

I'm not familiar with the stainless steel polishing brush that you are referring. But, are you sure it is an accessory for the Dremel "Multi-Max" and not one of their "rotary" tools? The Dremel "Multi Max" is an oscillating tool as is the the basic Rigid "Jobmax". Difference of course is that you can add other power heads to the Jobmax, including rotary drill and impact tool heads. (But I do not think that any these optional "heads" are designed for "high-speed" accessories like used with the "Dremel" rotary tools.

Typical "Multi-Max" accessories have that toothed flange-like cutout which fits over the oscillating drive fitting, where I believe it's held in position with a capbolt.... the same as the Ridgid JobMax. (I have the JobMax, not the Dremel.) The Ridgid supplied "D or B" adaptor, is to simply match the profile (shape/dia/nbr of teeth, etc.) of the Dremel and Bosch brand oscillating accessories.

I do have a "Dremel" rotary tool (one of the older units which were popular with hobbyist and at the time was the only tool that "Dremel" was known for... hence "Dremel" was synomous with the high-speed rotary tool). For the "Dremel" rotary tool there are probably dozens, if not hundreds, of accessories, including drill, cutter, engraving, grinding, polishing, deburring, etc. All of these are "rotary" and equipped with some kind of "shaft" or "shank" which fits into one of several sizes of collets which fit the Dremel rotary tool. These "rotary" bits do not fit and cannot be used with "Multi-Max" to my knowledge; and, in its basic form, not with the "Job-Max" either.

I hope this helps (and I haven't misinterpreted your "accessory".)

CWS
    Last edited by CWSmith; 03-20-2011, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Re: Using Dremel accessories with Jobmax

CW,
      This is exactly what I was looking for. Indeed I was thinking their traditional rotary tools instead of just their multi-tools. I couldn't figure out how to get the Jobmax to hold on to that small 1/4" shaft of their rotary accessories.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X