X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid table saws

I'm going to pick up a ts from ridgid,Im debating weather to go with the r4512 or r4510. Would like to hear people suggestions on this. Thanx for the replies.

Re: Ridgid table saws

It depends on what you want to do with your table saw as to which one would be the better choice. The 4512 will out perform the 4510 all day long but the 4512 will also not be very portable.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanx badger dave, i was at my local hd just about to pull the trigger on the r4510. When i thaught the r4512 will indeed get alot more out of the r4512. Leaning towards the 4512, but it's not a my local hd yet. If the saw doesn't come in time for the sale that;s going on right now, i might re think my option. I do like the fact that the 4510 is portable.

Comment

Originally posted by juventino View Post
        ..... If the saw doesn't come in time for the sale that;s going on right now.......
        sale? what sale? there's a sale on table saws @ HD going on right now?
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

YO... I was just there today (and also last Saturday) and I didn't see any sale. I hope I'm not missing anything!

Regarding the table saw: So much depends on your need and expectations, like the projects you want to get done, having to move the saw around a lot or even getting outside or maybe from one house to another. Also, are you planning on taking your skills into furniture making and the like.

Both of the Ridgid models have received good reports. But they are subtantially different when it comes to portability The 4512 is simply "moveable" within your shop area, while the 4510 can be folded, moved to another location and simply unfolded for operation.

Both offer accuracy and durability, but certainly a heavier, workshop saw should provide more robust performance with it's larger motor, cast iron table, longer fence, wings and just weight.

It's good to be in the middle of that decision, and I wish you all the fun.

Play safe,

CWS

Comment

If you don't need the portability of the R4510, the R4512 has the lion's share of advantages in construction, reliability, capacity, and performance.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies, the sale is in Canada. 20 percent off.

Comment

It's Ridgid days, HD has it twice a year. It's 20% off all cordless, corded, stationary and pneumatic tools, also compressors, generators and jobmax attachments. List of tools and prices at HD.ca http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...0&Nty=1&s=true

I wish the also had stand alone batteries on sale as well.

Comment

I decided to wait for the r4512. talked to the ridgid sales rep, he told me the saw would arrive in april. finally the saw will be here. I think for the price it just can't be beat, especially when i have hd gift cards to go with the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by juventino View Post
                    I decided to wait for the r4512. talked to the ridgid sales rep, he told me the saw would arrive in april. finally the saw will be here. I think for the price it just can't be beat, especially when i have hd gift cards to go with the purchase.
                    Wise choice IMHO....align it well, and put a good blade on it...use the stock blade for cutting junk wood.

Comment

I've a Ridgid portable (TS2400LS) and now a R4511. Both are very good saws (at any price). As heywood said, proper setup is important and a good blade will improve your cuts. Also, most any table saw will benefit from a zero clearance insert and a quality after market miter gauge or sled. Good luck, Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X