X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batteries won't charge

I was given a very very nice set of 18v tools [hammer drill, var. drill, and skillsaw] for christmas 4 or 5 years ago. recently the charger doesn't seem to be working I have 5 boats and work on many others, so I use these tools alot. what do I need to do?

Re: batteries won't charge

if they were registered inthe LSA, take them to an authorized ridgdi repair facility. they will verify they are defective and replace with new batteries. if they weren't registered in the LSA, that is most likely a problem.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Barry, if your Ridgid tools and battereis are not covered by the LSA, and you determine that the charger is okay but the batteries are no longer good, consider having the batteries rebuilt.
      http://compare.ebay.com/like/3901263...=263602_309572

Comment

expect to pay $60-70 to reman an 18v battery.

Prices from my tool repair shop for new Ridgid batteries. These are factory direct, and alot cheaper than Home Depot.

18v 3.0ah LIPO $76 ($99 at HD) [EDIT] $110 now BOO!
        18v 1.5\AH LlPO $47 ($69 at HD)[edit] Now $84 BOO!
        18v 2.5AH NICD $66
        18v 2.0AH NICD $50
        14.4 1.9AH NICD=$49
        12v 1.9AH NICD $44
        Last edited by masterbeavis; 02-03-2012, 02:59 PM.
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by barry irwin View Post
          I was given a very very nice set of 18v tools [hammer drill, var. drill, and skillsaw] for christmas 4 or 5 years ago. recently the charger doesn't seem to be working I have 5 boats and work on many others, so I use these tools alot. what do I need to do?
          Barry....I would suggest that at 4-5 years old, your batteries are probably shot, although you could have a problem with charger also. Hopefully you registered for the LSA referred to in several of the posts. Regardless I suggest you find a list of Ridgid service centers in your area(follow the Ridge tool co. thread at bottom of this page) with on site diagnostic equipment(not all do). Take your batts, charger and a tool to the service center for testing. Should take about ten minutes.
          If you registered for LSA the service center will replace whatever is defective or worn out at at no cost. If you have no LSA, you are SOL(sorry couldn't resist) You will have to purchase new or rebuilt batts as described above. For new, in addition to HD, they can be found on Ebay, at less cost for new batts than HD. Rigid batts from HD carry a three year warranty while Ebay normally has 30 day or less. Hope this was helpful......Ray

Comment

Working...
          X