X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4510 Power switch

Hi - Bummer - power switch failed on my 4510 last week and my usual parts sources have the things on indefinite back order from the factory.
    Any suggestions?
    John Schaben -- from the Middle of Kansas
    I haven't failed, I have simply discovered several hundred ways that don't work!

Re: 4510 Power switch

How complicated can you make this?

All you need is switch rated for 15-20amps... who cares if it came from Ridgid or not?

Comment

Originally posted by dlarrivee View Post
      How complicated can you make this?

All you need is switch rated for 15-20amps... who cares if it came from Ridgid or not?
      I've already klugged it with a light switch. Could really simplify it by simply hot wiring it and plugging in or unplugging it to turn it on or off but I kinda liked the safety paddle. Incidentally to use a light switch you do need to hot wire the neutrals. Not sure why but both hot and neutral are switched.
      Last edited by jschaben; 03-27-2011, 07:40 AM.
      I haven't failed, I have simply discovered several hundred ways that don't work!

Comment

They did that as a safety feature...

There are still some old-school plugs that aren't polarized or are wired backwards (think 100 year old homes here)...

Comment

Originally posted by dlarrivee View Post
          They did that as a safety feature...

There are still some old-school plugs that aren't polarized or are wired backwards (think 100 year old homes here)...
          I figured as much. Main reason I want the Ridgid switch is that any other will likely void the warranty, if they find out about it. Any DPST switch would work as long as it's got a high enough amperage rating. I've already called CPO, where I bought it, and they have one on (back)order for me so for the $15-$20 for a switch I thought I would try to find one in the supply pipeline. I think I'm just gonna pick up a switch from Grizzly and hang it on there somehow until I can get my hands on an OEM.

Comment

Give ereplacementparts a call, maybe they have the switch in stock.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
              Give ereplacementparts a call, maybe they have the switch in stock.
              Hi Dave - eReplacement is my second line when stuff is on warranty and first line when I gotta buy it. They have the switch listed as
              "Availability: Factory Backorder
              Date Available: Unknown"

Comment

http://www.grizzly.com/products/sear...q=SWITCH&new=1

How much do you want to spend?

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post

Hi spinner - $27.60 shipped. Ordered two of these last nite as I have been wanting to put a paddle switch on the router table anyway.
                  http://www.grizzly.com/products/110V...f-Switch/H8241

Did stop by HD today on my in to work. They are $15.84+ special order fees, taxes, etc through them but can't get them till June. My guess is the Japanese earthquake interuppted production so all the spares were pulled back and put on the production lines.

Comment

Working...
                  X