X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slipping tablesaw belt TS3650

My TS3650's tablesaw belt just started slipping (blade won't run) I removed the belt cover and the belt is verry, very loose....infact it easily slips off the hub! Anyone know why this happened and best was to fix problem?

Re: slipping tablesaw belt TS3650

The belt is tensioned by the weight of the motor. I would get out your Owners Manual and go over the belt installation procedure one more time. It sounds to me like something has worked itself loose.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

thanks for quick reply. the belt actually has come off the motor pulley. In reviewing the manual, looks like the belt gets looped around the ribbed part of both pulleys.....(was all assembled when i bought it so never had to tighten or loosen or change a belt)
      can't stretch it enough to get on both pulleys so I am going to loosen the hex nuts on the mounting brace and try to push the motor pins in far enough to wrap the belt around pulleys, them tap them out enough to keep the belt on. Manual says need to be able to squeeze the belt together in middle as it's play.
      Guess i should check pulley parallel allignment to each other and ? adjust the set screw to align....even though I don't understand this procedure??

Anything else I should be concerned about? I've had my TS3650 over a year but only got to use it last fall...before the winter set in...now ready again....maybe my cold garage/shop has made it's own mis-adjustments to my saw. Can't figure why belt would come so loose to come off otherwise.
      ...Thanks Again.

Comment

Eureka!!!!
        got belt back on with I believe is proper tension, by tilting motor on rocker arms and then adjusting motor pins in/out to get center of belt just touching at middle.
        Only thing I'm concerned about is I hear a little thump/jump noise when i first start up.....?motor jump?...any ideas on this one?....you helped me so quickly with prev. problem.
        I'm just eager to use my new GRR=RIPPER by Micro-Jig...just love this safety devise.

Comment

If the motor is jumping on start up it could be caused by the two pulleys not being aligned properly. There are four bolts that mount the motor to its mounting bracket. Slightly loosen these up a little and slide the motor over to align the pulleys. HTH.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

download the pdf copy of the manual and give it a read if you don't have a hardcopy.

you might also want to grab a cup of coffee and give this thread a read. in it you'll find tips from everyone here on the forum about the 3650 and other rigid table saws.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7585
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
            X