Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

3800 psi Pressure Washer No Pressure out of winter storage!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3800 psi Pressure Washer No Pressure out of winter storage!

I took out my pressure washer out for the first time since winter and stored it with no water and no gas in my trailer. I pulled it out and gased it up started without a problem but, no pressure from the gun. So, I went out and purchase a new gun and tips still nothing a weak spray as I looked at the bottom there seemed to be water dribbling down from under the cat pump and not from the water connection. I will post a video with it started and water running anyone have any suggestions. I have a feeling it might be the cat pump which I'm not hoping it isn't. I am hoping that it can be repaired with a seal. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks Roger

Re: 3800 psi Pressure Washer No Pressure out of winter storage!

You have a very nice machine there, but it requires adjusting and maintenance. I am enclosing a link for the manual which suggests the unloader be adjusted if it's the correct model. If you are not mechanically inclinded I urge you to get some hands on help to ensure you don't cause any damage. The pump appears to have a lot of parts, so be patient and make sure to order the right parts. You were wise to drain the pump, but it might have required a product such as Pump Guard to keep the seals from drying out. Good luck. Frank

Comment

thanks I appreciate the help

Comment

Is this a Ridgid unit? If so, it's got an AR pump, not a Cat.
        If it's not a Ridgid, could you provide the pump model number?
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

I have the Ridgid 4 gpm 3800 psi pressure washer and I have posted 2 videos if it helps I tried to look for that link for the parts manual my email is knowledgefreesu@yahoo.com if anyone could help me out. I can figure things out pretty easy and handy with tools. I want to get this thing up and running any ideals where I should start? When I had stored the pressure washer I made sure the water was drained and ran it till the tank was empty. The Cat pump oil is level and everything else seems to be ok. I am going to lowe's to pickup a new plug today. I have a feeling it's the seals wondering if anyone could help me with where I should start

Below is a link showing the leak where its coming from and it's not from the water input

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GW0FrGQMBU

The link below shows the spray real weak I'm able to hold the gun with one hand no problem usually it takes two hands to hold it steady as shown in the video its low quality video but, if needed I can put something up in HD if needed

http://www.youtube.com/user/thenjhom.../1/zSvaVQXsFLo

Comment

Dude, stop with the Cat pump already. In the video it's very clear it's the AR pump installed in those units, and a good one at that. Definitely have a leak... could be a seal issue or possibly a cracked head. Honestly it's hard to tell from the shaky video. Might be better to snap a couple pics of the underside of the pump.

Comment

Given where it's leaking combined with pressure loss, I'd pull the head and look for a cracked piston (or two... or three). Yes, I know you said you drained it, but cracked pistons are a very good sign of a frozen pump.
              "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

S@*?! I was hoping it wasn't so but where do I start do I have to take the cat pump out in order to see if there are any cracked pistons. Is there a diagram? Do I need to mark any positions where they are at? Thanks ahead appreciate the help this is a start I like to learn new things and even if it makes for mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow745 View Post
                  Dude, stop with the Cat pump already. In the video it's very clear it's the AR pump installed in those units, and a good one at that. Definitely have a leak... could be a seal issue or possibly a cracked head. Honestly it's hard to tell from the shaky video. Might be better to snap a couple pics of the underside of the pump.
                  I actually will take a HD VIDEO with a couple snap shots appreciate the help from all ends

Comment

Working...
                  X