X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries

Hello, please tell me how to use all of my Ridgid power tools without batteries. They are in for warranty replacement, for about 4 months now, and all I have at this time are Ridgid paperweights.

Re: Batteries

Buy a new battery in the mean time? I don't have just one set of batteries for my tools, ANY brand I run/have run. When I ran Dewalt, I never had just one battery, it was a bare minimum of TWO, preferably 4 to keep in rotation, and to ensure I always had charged batteries. My Ridgid kit, I have two additional large batteries just in case one goes down. Ebay or your local tool repair shop will have the best deals on new batteries. Beware tho that the new batteries usually come old, meaning there is only 2-2.5 years left on a 3 year warranty. (batteries bought separately only have 3 years)

Read the instructions that came with the tools/batteries (assuming LI-ION) there are new tricks you need to learn to keep them from frying every 6 months. (assuming you did not know already).
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by sawdustdiva View Post
      Hello, please tell me how to use all of my Ridgid power tools without batteries. They are in for warranty replacement, for about 4 months now, and all I have at this time are Ridgid paperweights.
      That is far, far to long for battery replacement. I suggest calling around to other repair centers in your area to find one which stocks batteries. If you do a search on this forum you will see that their is a great discrepancy among various repair centers and their level of service.
      I also suggest you PM Probrand on this forum. he has assisted others with problems similar to yours.
      Hope this is helpful.....Ray

Comment

My Local tool repair place does not stock the batteries, they are drop shipped to my house from Ridgid. Its been a month and I am still waiting for my battery still.

Comment

Today I took a defective battery to the nearest service center (35 miles). When I get there I am told I should have brought my charger and a drill to have thelm tested. When I wrote Ridgid asking what to do with the battery they did not tell me that, just take the battery along with the receipt or LSA agrrement cutomer numbers. Then the guy tells me I have to pay $15 to have a new battery shipped to the store, then I will have to drive back (35 miles) to pick it up. Ridgid couldn't ship it directly to me, but he could ship it to me for a fee. What a crock. I feel I am getting ripped off by someone.

Comment

did most of you get the tools from HD if we get our tools from a supply house and there is a problem with any thing they take it back and give a new one if it is under warranty ,then they go and get the credit

we pay a little more for the tool but that what your paying for is a better service
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I am unaware of any local supply houses that sell these things. I suppose if I looked really hard I would find one reaaaaly far away. I see the non cordless ridgid tools everywhere, but not the cordless.

Comment

Originally posted by bassman View Post
                Then the guy tells me I have to pay $15 to have a new battery shipped to the store, then I will have to drive back (35 miles) to pick it up. Ridgid couldn't ship it directly to me, but he could ship it to me for a fee. What a crock. I feel I am getting ripped off by someone.
                My repair shop said it will be drop shipped direct to my door, free! He also claimed he does not have problems with Ridgid getting repair parts to him either. I still have not received the battery yet, its 2 weeks past when he said it "should" get here.

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
                  My repair shop said it will be drop shipped direct to my door, free! He also claimed he does not have problems with Ridgid getting repair parts to him either. I still have not received the battery yet, its 2 weeks past when he said it "should" get here.
                  It took two months for me to get my battery. Thats better than a sharp stick in the eye! It was only two months old at that! I have heard stories of people getting batteries that were 1+ year old already. It was shipped (reboxed?) from the repair center, it did not come directly from Ridgid/TTI.

Comment

I was able to get two old stock 24v batteries. I was under the impression that with the old batteries removed from my LSA and these added to it, that these would qualify for replacement any number of years down the road ... as in: " free batteries for life " ... when I purchased the tools.

Comment

Working...
                    X