Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen the new R92009 Ridgid 12 volt drill kit?

I was at my local Houston area Home Depot tonight and saw what appears to be the new 12 volt Li-Ion drill. It is #R92009 and comes with the 2 batteries, flashlight and charger, just like the previous kit. However, I noticed a few changes/improvements:

1. Seemed a little lighter than previous version, which I own. Balance was definitely better - less top heavy.
    2. Battery life is improved. Ridgid is now using a 1.5 mAh battery. I think mine is 1.3 mAh.
    3. Max speed in drill mode (2) is now 1,500 RPM, up from 1,300.
    4. Chuck is still high grade plastic and seemed and little longer and easier to grip.
    5. The clutch settings seemed to work better in high torque mode (1). On my drill, anything above a setting of about 5 or 6 in mode 1 does not seem to have an effect.

As usual, this tool is on the shelf before Ridgid has it on the website. Seems like an impressive upgrade to the kit at $139. Anyone else had their hands on one of these? Thoughts?
    There are three kinds of people in this world - those who can count, and those who can't.

Re: Anyone seen the new R92009 Ridgid 12 volt drill kit?

torque higher at 300, 240 before, and led light flashes when bat low also.

Comment

Re: Anyone seen the new R92009 Ridgid 12 volt drill kit?

Looks like Ridgid has matched Milwaukee's specs now, except for Milwaukee's all metal chuck sleeve.
      There are three kinds of people in this world - those who can count, and those who can't.

Comment

Working...
      X