No announcement yet.

dust collection question -r4512

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To pile on to the requests above... MODERATOR, PLEASE REVIVE the above pictures in this thread.. there are several people that would benefit greatly from gaining access to this info again. Thanks!

Comment

Ever since the revised lay out and change to the newer forum, things have not been the same. Hardly visit anymore because of all the gliches. I reentered my photos to see if that would correct the problem. I am now able to see them but apparently no one else can.

Ron

Comment

• aaron_s
        aaron_s commented
        Editing a comment
        Man... that's a shame.. I'm brand new to this and am really excited to join the discussion.. big letdown. I wonder if there's a permissions setting or something that has to be tweaked.. or shoot, you could just start a whole new thread! Either way, thank you for the reply.

• aaron_s
        aaron_s commented
        Editing a comment
        Also noted you're a U.S. Marine... from one jarhead to another.. Semper Fi.

Ron - is there any way I could talk you into posting the same info in a brand new thread and/or shooting me a private message with the same? If not no biggie, but I know your system works based on the feedback and I'd be interested to set up something similar with mine. Thanks and Semper Fi.

Comment

Most shop vacuums are not powerful enough for the job. The warning is telling you that insufficient dust collection could cause a fire. I have a 4" dc and even it has trouble keeping up at times. Imo, if you don't have a good dc system, you are better off removing the dust shoot and letting the dust fall below. I would also advise not using an elbow. It's better to use a 4" flex hose so it's a more gradual curve.

Comment

Working...
        X