X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with my drill, charger and batteries

Well, it happened. Batteries won't hold a charge and when they do charge there really isn't much power to the drill. What steps do I take. Yes I did register for the LSA.
    If you use a calculator to layout rafters...get off my job!!!!

Re: What to do with my drill, charger and batteries

Take the batteries, tools and charger to an Authorized Service Center. They will determine if the batteries are shot or possibly some oother problem. The "some other problem" is why they want to check the tools and the charger. Don't forget to bring your LSA card with you or at least your assigned number.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Registered eveything online. I kept the confirmation e-mail (actually just printed it out). On it is my customer id#. I cannot access any info in my dashboard about my products. I have sent for the password reset code twice and it won't allow me to login. I keep getting a "email address is already taken" alert. I'm not getting a "warm and fuzzy" about this.

Comment

You'll probably have to call Ridgid Customer Support to get your "password" problem straightened out.

You mentioned that you "registered everything online".... I hope that doesn't mean that you didn't bother to send in the required UPC code from the product box and a copy of your cash-register receipt! Registration for the LLSA requires that you must send in the UPC and copy of your receipt for proper registration. It takes about five months to process due to an ever existing "backlog".

How old is your drill?

CWS

Comment

I bought the drill in Aug 08 and I'm almost positive I sent in the upc code. Oh boy. Guess I'll be on the phone today.

Comment

It's not that big of an ordeal, trust me. The reps are very understanding and as long as your not a dick to them they will help you out. I have yet to be denied service and I missed sending the upc, but I had the receipts to prove when I bought it and ridgid was understanding. From my experience, you be nice to a customer service rep and they will bend over backwards to help you, be a total dick and rude, they could care less and won't help you unless a supervisor makes them. Even then, the supervisors will help out little if there is an A-hole on the other end of the phone. Having worked customer service phone lines, I know how it goes, I rarely went out of my way to help the jerk off that thought that they were king **** and that nothing should ever break, and that he was entitled to the world because of his troubles... right, with that attitude you'd be lucky if you got a "i'm sorry". Now, if you were upset, but cordial and understanding that things aren't perfect in life and never will be, I'd bend the rules to help you out. It's all about attitude my friend. And remember when you call customer service lines these days, they document everything so if you go off the handle on the first call, every rep you get when you call back again will see how the last phone call went. I always noted on accounts when jack asses would cuss me out and be complete A-holes.

From what I have read here about people complaining that they can't get items fixed because ridgid won't honor the llsa is usually due to their attitude. You can just tell by the tone of their posts that they screwed the pooch with there pissed off mentality.

Comment

Working...
            X