X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Washer the RD80702 or RD80706

I am looking at getting a gas pressure washer and have my eye on the Ridgid RD80702 or RD80706. Can anyone give me some feedback on these units. Ive read on this forum that the RD80702 was being phased out and replaced with the RD80706 due to an idle issue with the RD80702EFI. Looking at the comparison chart the RD80702 uses the CAT triplex plunger pump and EFI where as the new RD80706 uses the CAT Triplex with Brass and the idle down addition to the Subaru Carb motor. Everything else seems the same. Is this newer RD80706 better than the RD80702 with the changes the Ridgid made?? Any help and feedback would be appreciated

Re: Power Washer the RD80702 or RD80706

The 80702 suffers from frequent stumbling & stalling due to the EFI. The EX21EFI engine is a good engine, but not in a situation where it goes from no load to full load as often as a pressure washer requires of it.

So yes, the 80706 is the better choice.

I notice you're a contractor. Is this PW for commercial use or for personal use?
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Thanks for responding back, I read some posts regarding the same stumbling problem with the EFI motor. I was just concerned about buying the new Ridgid RD80706 since it hasnt been on the market for to long.

I am a contractor and plan on using it at the job sites when required BUT I am a builder and dont pressure wash quite often. Having the option to do so is an advantage though.

Comment

True, the 80706 is a new model, but the individual components are tried & true. Basically, it's the RD80763 (the best of the Ridgids, IMHO) with the addition of an idle-down shuttle.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Are there any concerns with the RD80706 that I need to be aware of? Is the CAT PUMPS Triplex with Brass and Subaru SP210 211cc OHC motor reliable; will there be much maintenance needed to keep everything running perfect??

Comment

Working...
          X