ridgid circular saw r8452 will my drill battery work on it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid circular saw r8452 will my drill battery work on it

I searched the forum and site and really couldn't find answer to my question. Last winter I bought a new drill(R860071B), came with 2 batteries and charger. Today I bought a used Ridgid circular 6-1/2" saw, number is R8452. Hopefully the drill battery will work on it. The drill battery is a 18v Li-Ion No. R840084(130383028). I couldn't even find a circular saw on the main product page to find out what battery it took, do they sell them anymore? Couldn't find a manaul for it either.

Re: ridgid circular saw r8452 will my drill battery work on it

The R8452 came in a 18v lithium-ion kit, so yes, your battery should work.

Manual:
    https://www.gardnerinc.com/manuals/p...52_187_ENG.pdf
    Last edited by Doctordeere; 04-23-2011, 06:42 PM.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

I put it on and it started, it was used so at least it works, didn't waste $10.

Since the battery usage numbers on the saw and the battery did't match, saw says use 13025003/130254007 and the battery is R840084(130383028). I did some research before I read your reply and found battery usage info at a parts store site that sells all Ridgid batteries.

I compared the different batteries numbers on my battery and saw, and both say "For use with RIDGID® Model numbers". Since both say the same I feel safe to use the drill batteries on the saw. Never owned any Ridgid power tools before so I didn't want to cause a short circut and the battery blow up.

Long story short, I would think Ridgid would form batteries to only fit powertools they work on. They probably do but I have no idea.

I don't understand their battery model numbers, why so long a number, should keep it simple.
      Last edited by Musky8it; 04-24-2011, 02:12 AM.

Comment

I believe that all Ridgid 18-volt batteries to date are interchangeable. From a demand point of view, the tool doesn't care what the chemistry/design of the battery is. Basically 18-Volts is 18-Volts and it matter little whether its Ni-Cad, Ni-Mh, or Li-Ion.... except for the "storage" capacity.

When and if there is a "difference", Ridgid will probably make the battery so they won't mate.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

It's good to hear the latest Ridgid 18v X4 batteries continue the trend to be backwards compatible with ALL 18v power tools or maxselect. Now all they have to do is offer more power tool choices to keep the lineup interesting. The general consensus on this forum is to use the right charger (lithium) for best results for nicad/Li.

Comment

ReConx,

Thanks... I should have mentioned the "charger". While battery packs may well be interchangeable (voltage-wise... "18-Volt"), they cannot all be charged on the same charger, generally speaking (and I believe that's the case with Ridgid). In most cases, you cannot charge a Li-Ion battery on an older Ni-Cad charger.

I do believe that some of the newer chargers may be able to charge any type of chemistry, but I don't know that for sure. Using the wrong charger can damage the battery and/or charger.

Thanks again,

CWS

Comment

Working...
            X