Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid Mobil Air - Not Reaching Max Pres.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Mobil Air - Not Reaching Max Pres.

Hi There,

I have the Ridgid Mobil Air compressor kit with the tool box on top (OF25135CW). I am recently having an issue where the compressor doesn't seem to want to reach the same pressure it used to. The tank will fill to 100 psi but won't fill any further. Even with dialing the pressure adjustment knob wide open the highest pressure I can reach is 100psi in the tank and to the tool.

I used to be able to send closer to the max pressure the ridgid finish nailer is rated for (max 125, used to let it idle at 120psi) which was useful for driving longer finish nails for siding, etc.

The compressor doesn't kick off, blow fuses, pop the motor, pop the pressure release or anything at all to the sort, and it never has - it just simply seems to only want to fill to 100 psi. The tank is rated for 135 and the tools 125 and I used to be able to achieve over 100. This tool has never had heavy use, only some baseboards and a small amount of pine siding for a shed. The tool has only ever been stored indoors, drain open, only ridgid brand tools, hoses, and I have always been careful to give the tools themselves a light oiling before use.

I could bring the tool to get repaired, but it really seems to me like it is just something that needs a minor adjustment? Is there a way to check to see what the tank is set to have a max fill psi? or to adjust it? As I mentioned, the tool is not blowing a fuse, popping engine reset, running on or anything at all to that sort. Also, I can fill the tank to 100 psi and it will hold the pressure perfectly for a very long time, so it's definitely not a leak.

I made sure to do a search of the forum before posting and couldn't find any similar problems/solutions. Any Recommendations?

Thanks very much,

Liam.

Re: Ridgid Mobil Air - Not Reaching Max Pres.

There is a pressure switch inside the electrical box where the cord runs into and where the outlet line from the pump runs into. It is adjustable with a simple screw driver after you remove the cover. Its a pain to pull apart, but its do able. My brother has the small light weight double tank and the adjustment screw went the other way and was causing the system to over pressurize and blow the over pressure valve. I adjusted it to the correct pressure and now its fine. How it moved is beyond me, but it only took me a total of maybe 20 minutes to adjust it and have it all back together.

Comment

I am going to try this tonight - thanks very much for the reply. I really wish they would mention this stuff in the manual, trouble shooting in the book only says 'won't reach max pressure = blown seals, take for servicing'

I'll post the results, thanks again.

Liam.

Comment

Alphacowboy you sir are a genius, not only was it easy to take off the cover (only one screw on the mobil air unit) but there was also instructions and a diagram printed on the inside on how to adjust cut in and cut out pressures.

Thanks again, saved me a trip to the repair shop!

Liam.

Comment

Woot!

Comment

Thanks for the instructions AlphaCowboy. Will keep that in mind, because I think mine is maxed out at 110, but I've only used it twice (have two other compressors).

It is currently in the shop for an air leak in the hose reel assembly. They didn't tighten & glue up the metal fittings properly. Guess I could ask the tech to test max air pressure before I pick it up

Comment

Working...
            X