X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Strikes Again!

Took my dual voltage impact gun in for repair, I have a 24v set. Never had a tool break in 20 years, I know it happens, but I just got the thing, oh well...

Tool went in two months ago, now waiting on a part that won't be in till late May. Three weeks ago yesterday I was finally contacted and told that I would be sent an 18v gun (since they don't make the dual voltage anymore) and since mine is 24v, a couple batteries and a charger.

Last week tried to find out where the shipment was, a tracking number, something. Three reps told me they could find out and would call me back same day. Still waiting.

Finally, on Tuesday, the switchboard op was nice enough to go out of her way to contact some people on my behalf and get someone to call me back. No one ever called back. So I called back next day. Got the manager she spoke to, who was very short with me and didn't seem interested in what was going on. She gave me a tracking number.

Fast forward to today. Found out it had been shipped on Wednesday (guess I had been forgotten) and was shipped to the wrong address. I verified my address three weeks ago and again last week with the three reps. Where they sent it was three counties over from me. So I had to go to the Fedex distribution center (also three counties away) and pick up the package.

Open it up, one 18v impact gun. No batteries or charger as promised.

Re: Ridgid Strikes Again!

Not to be a downer, but I would make them eventually get you the 24v unit, either repaired or replaced, regardless if its disco'd or not. The 24v unit has a lot more "snort" to it in my opinion. What is wrong with the unit, do you know what part was needed that is back ordered?

Comment

I don't know what to say. It's very disappointing to hear these reports again and again. They may be the one in a hundred, but they're the only ones that get posted for the most part so they get a lot of air time so to speak.

RIDGID/TTI/whomever has no one to blame but themselves.

It's just sad.

There's no use saying anything more because no one listens apparently.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
        There's no use saying anything more because no one listens apparently.
        +1
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I gotta admit, it's disappointing to hear that you've been treated so shabbily. Seems like good intentions on the phone, and then you're just forgotten. Ridgid needs to clean up their act in this respect, maybe start assigning tracking numbers for registered complaints, and logging them into the system so they can be tracked and followed up on. (Also gives you a reference when you call back!).

Whatever, but there's enough "complaint" that some Ridgid authority should be launching corrective action to improve these customer service problems. This shouldn't be "rocket science".

CWS

Comment

Bosch assigns you a tracking number. When my new miter saw arrived broken (shipping damage) I emailed them. A Bosch tech support rep. called me to ask about the damage.

Prior to that, I sent them a blank message accidentally. A rep. emailed me to tell me I left the message blank and asked me to send another.

That's how it should be done. As far as I know, Bosch does not have a patent on customer service. The only response I've ever received from Ridgid/Ryobi is "take it to a service center" and "Bring your receipt". Ridgid/Ryobi would lose nothing by adopting their methods and have everything to gain.

I'm not a Ridgid/Ryobi hater. I have just experienced lesser customer service from them than I have from Bosch.

Ern

Comment

I personally think Emerson is headed for a class action lawsuit involving the "Lifetime" warranties & service agreements with their hand held power tools targeted to the average consumer.

Too many complaints, broken promises, lost registrations, and things not done in what a court would deem "a reasonable amount of time".

Not too bright in my opinion to even offer ANY lifetime agreement on battery tools. It's just a sales tool. Why do you think noone else does?

Yes, some have had satisfaction with it but it won't last unless they NEVER change the one thing all manufacturers live to do:

Change the battery mold to keep turnover. Think you'll be able to get your 18V-LiOn battery 15 years from now? You're supposed to able too!

B.S.

I think the lawsuit is coming.

J.C.

Comment

join the club....although mine isn't he 24v, i have an 18 volt impact driver...i was driving no. 8 x 3" wurth wood screws and the gun died on me....sent the battery in over two weeks ago and still nothing. everyone i work with told me NOT to get the ridgid, go with the DeWalt....should have listened.

Comment

After going up a couple more rungs up the corporate ladder, batteries and charger showed up today. Direct from Gardner. Now just gotta see what happens with mine that's still in the shop.

Comment

Stopped by the shop to find out about the 24v.... they told me they would not be fixing it.... even though Ridgid told me I would be getting it fixed.

Comment

I think after this Home Cheapo merger occurred , it has gotten to be a company with seemly endless runs of tool promo's lines , all different models, constant discontinuing and changing of items , who know if they even have parts manufactured and stored to repair all these different tools . They may be just doing a single unique production runs per HD. request and then stop, and make another , and another....You can not even go back to the store for an exchange if the service ctr. does not satisfy the customer because they do not have most of the cordless tools that were there 6 months ago. Ryobi is a better option for a value tool that is cheap enough to just replace rather than jump thru all these hoops to try to get them to honor a LSA waiting for repairs that may not even be possible. The Ridgid tools perform well enough , and are not a heavy duty build design in most tools, and are often not a real value except for the LSA, but the LSA is needed , when they break, it is a hassle .

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                        +1
                        Hey what are you doing to that dead horse???
                        I have done so much with so little for so long, I can do almost anything with nothing now!!!!!!!

Comment

Ernie comes through again... I didn't even contact Ridgid after my visit to the shop.... Ernie saw it on here and took the initiative to handle it. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul GA View Post
                            Ernie comes through again... I didn't even contact Ridgid after my visit to the shop.... Ernie saw it on here and took the initiative to handle it. Thank you.
                            What was the resolution? Ridgid really does step up if you ask me when things go wrong if you are understanding and not an ***.

Comment

Working...
                            X