Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA without barcode ??? (cardboard recycled)

I have some new ridgid tools I haven't registered yet. Saved the boxes and paperwork. I had to take the compressor in to local service man (leaked air at fitting joint, factory assembly defect/lack of quality control) So, I figured high time to catch up with my registrations.

Want to register my R4512 table saw ... but I accidentally recycled the one side of one box that had the barcode on it, along with other cardboard.

In order to get the 10" R4512 table saw out of the vehicle, I had to cut the box open and piece the unit it out into the garage. Had some trouble setting up the unit (still doesn't cut true 90, fence not true 90, ...) and fast forward two months ... I accidentally recycled the side that had the barcode on it. I literally have 5 sides of the R4512 box.

I have the receipt, agreement, paperwork, box (with carton number, shipping etc) but no barcode.

Will Ridgid refuse to setup the LSA ... as I lost the original UPC?

Re: LSA without barcode ??? (cardboard recycled)

I would call them and explain what you did. You never know what can happen.

Red
    Red

Comment

Call and explain your situation, they are reasonable. Just be respectful, and you should be ok.

I have wondered the same with display units, I have bought at least 5 opened units, no boxes. Heck, one was missing the upc, but had a box.

Comment

every ridgid power tool i have registered with the LSA has been done without sending a bar code. 4 combo kits, 6 individual battery powered tool kits, several corded power tools (portable and stationary) have been done without bar codes. if interested in how to get it done, pm me for information.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

-- The forum ate my reply. I was logged in. Typed four paragraphs. Hit submit. Can't post because I'm not logged in or don't have privileges ?! --

Abbreviated:

Thanks guys.

Ridgid said (via email) to register as usual and explain the UPC is lost.

Joyful moment 15 minutes ago was finding a rectangular piece of cardboard with LSA, R4512 & UPC besides the workbench with some other reading materials. I apparently secured that piece of information, but completely forgot about it. Next time to avoid ADD etc I'll staple it to the invoice right away

Good point about store demos. I've bought quite a few open box and no box items before, always assuming standard warranty would apply.

But, a couple weeks ago I wanted to buy a red sticker item (55" LED LCD TV) at Sam's and the clerk indirectly informed there was no warranty. I asked questions about what was wrong with it, if anything, ... And he said the sale was AS IS with a 24hr Sam's Club return policy if unit is defective, no mfr warranty because it is considered USED. First time I heard that for a store demo or mint return in box. Haven't verified it with Sam's whether that is completely true or not ... but didn't dare to upgrade to that 55" LED LCD TV. It's not worth saving 200 dollars of if you'd be stuck with the repair bill equivalent to ??? within a few weeks, months or years.
          Last edited by icerabbit; 05-04-2011, 05:28 PM. Reason: typo & clarity, rephrased

Comment

Ice rabbit,
            Don't forget to make copies of everything (upc, receipt, etc) before you send them after registering them online

Comment

Thanks reconx.

Good advice and already done

I do have a pretty solid habit of making paper and/or digital copies of any paperwork I submit for rebates, registrations, ... the trouble is I need a small firmware update as far as filing these types of things properly, right away, in a place where I'll find it later ... and/or more RAM to just flat out remember it, beyond the short term. I know for instance I have a ridgid LSA for my 24v kit but whatever logical place I put that card at the time is lost on me, between remodeling a house room by room and moving the office twice, it isn't in eyesight in the workshop stuff or filing cabinets. THat's why I'm many times now also doing a Scan to PDF copy

Anyway Good advice!

Comment

Some of the HD receipts tend to fade over time so I place a copy+UPC in the respective power tool manuals which are all stored in a box of manuals. There seems to be a 4-8+ month lag time from the initial registration online which provides a 3 yr warranty then finally LSA (lifetime service agreement).

Comment

Working...
                X