X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid r4510

im seeing two different r4510 table saws on the internet. ive seen the one at home depot but it doesnt have the extra orange knob at the bottom like the one in the photo. are there two different r4510,sAttachment Attachment
    Attached Files

Re: ridgid r4510

The picture on the right is an R2400LS (predecessor of the 4510)

Comment

The old stand visually looks simpler & safer to operate.

The thing I don't understand is the price.

The R4510 is $499 at HD ( which may be a good & competitive price, I don't shop tools often ) ... which seems quite high considering that is what they charge for the R4512 cast iron table saw. Two different demographics, I know, but to me it seems there is a lot more manufacturing, expensive materials and shipping involved in the R4512 and given its price; the R4510 should be $350, maybe $400.

Comment

agree. i have the ts2410 and it weighs 30 lbs more than the r4510 o that means there is less in, and on, the r4510, so how can it be the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod351 View Post
          agree. i have the ts2410 and it weighs 30 lbs more than the r4510 o that means there is less in, and on, the r4510, so how can it be the same price.
          Where are you getting this weight-difference information?

From what I have read and seen, the two saws weigh about the same. There might be a couple of pounds difference, but 30? That is a strong claim and a strong claim requires strong proof.

I have seen the R4510 listed at both 122 and 117 pounds from different sources, and the difference may be because of confusion with the R2410. If one is heavier than the other, the main reason may involve the different stands.

Both saws are fine, as best I can tell (I own a 4510 and have reviewed it on this site, noting two modifications I installed), and the main advantages with the 4510 involves the inclusion of a riving knife and better tool storage. It also has a stand with a rail/handle to the left when it is raised to work position that helps to stabilize really large workpieces that would hang off the left side of the worktable. The knife issue does not mean much to me (I tend to cut with the blade a bit high to reduce the work load, so it would be automatically close to a standard splitter), but it probably makes the company lawyers feel a bit better.

Howard Ferstler
          Last edited by Howard Ferstler; 05-12-2011, 06:14 PM. Reason: My name used twice

Comment

Originally posted by icerabbit View Post
            The old stand visually looks simpler & safer to operate.

The thing I don't understand is the price.

The R4510 is $499 at HD ( which may be a good & competitive price, I don't shop tools often ) ... which seems quite high considering that is what they charge for the R4512 cast iron table saw. Two different demographics, I know, but to me it seems there is a lot more manufacturing, expensive materials and shipping involved in the R4512 and given its price; the R4510 should be $350, maybe $400.
            The newer stand is similar to the zero gravity job the latest Bosch model uses. It sets up spectacularly easy. A six year old could raise it to position. The Bosch is priced anywhere from $600 to $650 at various outlets, so the Ridgid's price is a bargain, especially since it seems to be the peer of the Bosch in terms of features and performance.

Howard Ferstler

Comment

Working...
            X