X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid table saw soft start

i have the ridgid ts2410, great saw, but ive noticed lately that i out of 4 or 5 times when i flip the start switch the motor will really hit hard when it comes on, like bam, the other times it will start soft and slow then wind up. seems like that something to do with the soft start.

Re: ridgid table saw soft start

I had a similar problem with my 2400 a couple years back. I also posted here for suggestions on cause but did not get any responses. Unfortunately, after a couple of weeks of light use without the softstart working, it would not start at all. I took it to the nearest warrantee shop and they replaced the entire motor as the softstart is built in.

Comment

well i could take it back and get the newer 4501 but i like the 2410. ive only had it for 4 weeks so the 90 money back is in effect. i think ill wait with it and if the motor goes out then ill have a new motor put in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod351 View Post
        well i could take it back and get the newer 4501 but i like the 2410. ive only had it for 4 weeks so the 90 money back is in effect. i think ill wait with it and if the motor goes out then ill have a new motor put in this one.
        the 4510 has been out for between one and two years now, at leastt. how did you get a 2410 within the last month?
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod351 View Post
          I would not wait, I would take it in for repair or replacement well before the 90 days is up. Don't wait til the 88th day to return it is all I'm saying.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I would not wait either. Exchange for a new replacement asap or return/refund or find out from the local authorized service center how prompt they can service it.

Regarding return & exchange. Be aware that depending on the store, they may refuse to take it back with a " 30 day powertool store policy " "no tool return after 30 days" ... it has to get serviced. I went through that last week returning my table saw with issues, after 2 months. Had to keep my foot down, jump through hoops and point out to the general manager that it says black on white 90 day satisfaction on the box and in the paperwork. He claimed not to be aware of the fact that it said that ... despite the hundreds of boxes that move through there that list it.

Mileage will vary of course per store and manager.

Comment

Mine has been doing the exact same thing for the last year or 2. Pretty much since i got it. I thought it was the soft start as well, but after inspecting i think its actually slop in the gears. Next time before you turn it on, try turning the blade with your hand foward until you feel it hit the gears, then turn the saw on. I notice on mine, after i shut it off, if bump the blade is when it mostly does it.

Comment

Working...
              X