X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Adapter for Battery Operrated Tools

I know this was mentioned in the past, and many said it can not be done, but someone posted a link once to Ebay showing that DeWalt made one for their 24V cordless tools. Here is one on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW0247-.../dp/B0000302QK

Now I was going through some of the literature I got from our local PHCC show, and the one thing that surprised me was the Nibco Press System catalog. In there they show their tools that use both styles of batteries by Makita, with an optional A/C adapter to be used with their tool. I think Ridgid would do well marketing an A/C adapter for their cordless tools.

I made an A/C adapter for my K-40B which uses the same 14.4V Makita battery as the old tool box monitor and the Pro Press 100B.

Attachment

Attachment
    Attached Files
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Re: AC Adapter for Battery Operrated Tools

No surprise there.I and others suggested this a couple times. If RIDGID had listened to us and maybe did a little homework to back it up they would have found that there IS a market for an adapter such as this. They could have added it to their tool line at least two years ago and had another reason to buy RIDGID.

I notice the DeWalt adapter is listed as unavailable right now on Amazon. I wonder if it was discontinued because of problems or it was not too popular or they are just in such high demand they can't keep them in stock.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I went on DeWalt's site and it has been discontinued. There are a few for sale still on Ebay and such. A buddy of mine has one for his DeWalt and its still going strong. I think it was over priced and no real market for it. Some of Ridgid's stuff uses Makita batteries, but not the same voltages as the Nibco tools. I love my cordless tools but there are times the batteries are not needed and it would be nice to plug the tool in.

The other issue I think is there where others that posted saying it is imposable to make these A/C adapters that they would be to big and bulky. In my experience in working in an electronics engineering facility as a bench technician , that made switching power supplies that where half the size of a standard supply and did amazing things.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Fantastic idea.

I think they could easily fit whichever components needed in the size of a maxselect 24v battery, or smaller.

And, I bet many people would love to be able to use their tools with an AC adapter while waiting for batteries to be replaced under warranty, if it is going to be weeks, as long as the cost is not too prohibitive. Accessories tend to be really pricey.

Comment

they are making one for the 12 volt jobmax!

I think they could easily fit whichever components needed in the size of a maxselect 24v battery, or smaller.

And, I bet many people would love to be able to use their tools with an AC adapter while waiting for batteries to be replaced under warranty, if it is going to be weeks, as long as the cost is not too prohibitive. Accessories tend to be really pricey.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Maybe just dreaming here, but imagine if they would make an AC adapter/charger. I mean, an AC adapter and a standard charger are pretty much the same concept, right? Only supporting one voltage would probably shrink down the charger size. So take that AC adapter and throw on some female to female converter to turn it into a charger. Now that's something I'd buy, but again, that may be a pipe dream.

Of course, I'd be more than willing to buy the AC adapter by itself anyway. It would be great for those battery hogs like circular saws. If Ridgid would come out with a cordless miter saw, like the Ryobi one, it would be perfect for that, too.

Comment

im all for some female to female.

Originally posted by jamesmyname View Post
              Maybe just dreaming here, but imagine if they would make an AC adapter/charger. I mean, an AC adapter and a standard charger are pretty much the same concept, right? Only supporting one voltage would probably shrink down the charger size. So take that AC adapter and throw on some female to female converter to turn it into a charger. Now that's something I'd buy, but again, that may be a pipe dream.

Of course, I'd be more than willing to buy the AC adapter by itself anyway. It would be great for those battery hogs like circular saws. If Ridgid would come out with a cordless miter saw, like the Ryobi one, it would be perfect for that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                im all for some female to female.
                This topic just got a LOT more interesting.
                "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X