Is there a Fix for 18 V Lithium batteries? No receipt; no registration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a Fix for 18 V Lithium batteries? No receipt; no registration

I didn't believe that Ridgid would warranty the battery and consequently didn't keep the receipt and didn't register. I'm a fool - it appears they do warranty this!

I bought around 2 years ago. I have two batteries and two drills. Batteries seem to charge normally, but the drills don't have any amount of torque. It is the same story with both batteries and both drills. I've checked the voltage on both batteries and the voltage is 19.6 volts.

Any ideas what the problem is? Any ideas what the fix is? I guess there is more to batteries than simply having the right voltage!

Thank you,
    Chris

Re: Is there a Fix for 18 V Lithium batteries? No receipt; no registration

Originally posted by chrisb View Post
    I bought around 2 years ago. I have two batteries and two drills. Batteries seem to charge normally, but the drills don't have any amount of torque. It is the same story with both batteries and both drills
    Even without LSA Ridgid power tools have a 3yr warranty that covers batteries/drill. Take them to a service center. The serial# should give them a clue. Contact Ridgid Custer service to see what they could do to assist you for the 3yr or better yet LSA

Comment

Re: Is there a Fix for 18 V Lithium batteries? No receipt; no registration

I agree!

If you are certain that you've had the tools for only two years, the serial number should be helpful as it is date coded. The problem of course would be if Home Depot had them for any length of time before you bought them.

As recommended, I would definitely call Ridgid Customer Support as they should be able to tell you if you are still within warranty.

Also, if you have any way to pin down the date of purchase, like your credit card receipt/history, etc. At one time, Home Depot HQ in Atlanta actually maintained a databank of electronic transactions based on the store number and the date.... the idea being that they could produce a duplicate receipt for any "lost receipts", if the customer could pin down the date of the transaction. Not sure if they still do that though.

Good luck and I hope you're able to get satisfaction on your problem,

CWS

Comment

Working...
      X