X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryobi recalls 300,000 sheet sanders

The Consumer Product Safety Commission and One World Technologies, Inc., makers of Ryobi tools, has announced a voluntary recall of 300,000 Ryobi 1/4 in. sheet sanders, model S651D. The company has gotten more than 30 reports of the fan breaking and ejecting parts from the tool. There were two reports of minor cuts from the flying parts.
    The tools were sold at The Home Depot, Tap Enterprises, Inc., Direct Tools Factory Outlets, Amazon.com, and Toolking.com, from 2005 to 2010. If you own one of these tools, contact One World Technologies, and you'll get a free replacement sander.
    For more information, contact the CPSC or Ryobi.

The CSPC announcement can be viewed here:

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/p...ml?tab=recalls

For those of you with Android phones, there is an app available from the US General Services Administration named Recalls.gov that you can install on your phone. With it you can scan a product in the store and find out if its been recalled. Which when you think of it doesn't make much sense because the product should have been removed from the shelf if its recalled, but maybe they didn't get the memo.

Anyway, it gives Big Brother an excuse to exist on your phone and track your every move.
    So don't do anything you wouldn't want Uncle to know about.
    Last edited by Bob D.; 05-15-2011, 08:08 AM.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    ā€œIf I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.ā€ - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: Ryobi recalls 300,000 sheet sanders

I have the earlier S650D and phoned the company to make sure it was not part of the recall. It is not, so if you have that model feel free to use it safely.

Howard Ferstler

Comment

Working...
    X