X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New JOBMAX attachments

Any one know when new job-max attachments are slated to come out? RIDGID sent me a survey couple weeks ago asking my opinion of about twenty attachment ideas. They had pics of them too, looked pretty cool.

Re: New JOBMAX attachments

What kind? I hope a rotary attachment was in the bunch.

Comment

if you mean dremel type, yes, also circular saw, mini belt sander, pvc cutter, tin shear. Cant remember what else

Comment

so basicly all the head attachments that are available in the "red" brand 12v tools? Be cool if they do have the PVC cutter, tube cutter, and what ever else they can come up with.

Comment

wish i printed sheet of tools, guess we have to wait

Comment

No screenshot or print to PDF?

I have some interest in the multi-tool ... though I do fear the power output and battery life with these recent 12v power tools.

My 12v Makitas, the size of 18v tools, have been absolutely great, for years.

But, my Sears Craftsman oscilating cutter/sander/grinder ... with that type of cartridge battery lasts 10 minutes tops, then needs to charge > half hour.

I returned a 12v (10v!) Hitachi powertool kit (drill, driver, right angle drive, ... ) within 30 days satisfaction guarantee because it couldn't even screw some 1x & 2x pine lumber together with exterior screws to make a quicky A-frame tarp shelter for the boat for winter. I have no idea where those claims come from that these little tools can drive n dozen screws and even lag bolts. Certainly was nowhere near the case for me. They seemed like a toy to me and absolutely inferior to my 12v Makitas.

Comment

i just got six batteries, now i never run out of power. You are right these 10.8v, or 12v max tools are not made to do extensive work. RIDGID however has a corded base for the job max coming out. brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                i just got six batteries, now i never run out of power. You are right these 10.8v, or 12v max tools are not made to do extensive work. RIDGID however has a corded base for the job max coming out. brilliant!
                just saw in store signage for new jig saw head for jobmax. Looks cool!

Comment

A shear or a nibbler would be a nice addition to the lineup.

I think Bosch has one in their 12V tool lineup.

Also the Milwaukee M12 charger can be powered from either 12V DC,
                  or standard 120v AC power. This seems so easy (12v to 12v)
                  it makes you wonder why no one else has done it?
                  Last edited by Bob D.; 07-24-2011, 07:12 AM.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                    A shear or a nibbler would be a nice addition to the lineup.

I think Bosch has one in their 12V tool lineup.

Also the Milwaukee M12 charger can be powered from either 12V DC,
                    or standard 120v AC power. This seems so easy (12v to 12v)
                    it makes you wonder why no one else has done it?

i think shears are in works. Rockler is the one who has the shears.Milwaukee has awesome line of 12v.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                      i think shears are in works. Rockler is the one who has the shears.Milwaukee has awesome line of 12v.
                      Rockler or Rockwell??

I found a shear on Bosch's web site in their 12V lineup.

Anyway, why don't they just start a thread and ask what we would like to see?
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                        Rockler or Rockwell??

I found a shear on Bosch's web site in their 12V lineup.

rockwell. my bad. They sent a survey with prototype pics via email couple months back, had bout 15 tools

Comment

I agree, any predictions for 12 volts next tool? I think they will have more than one come out, im guessing, circular saw, tin shears, rotary tool.
                          Its just a guess though.

Comment

Super happy also with my milwaukee twelve volt line up.. inspection camera, two drills, hackzall, impact, uponar pex tool, oh and copper cutter mine sucked but away on warrenty.. oh tried their 12volt heated jacket it was nice....drool oh tried their pvc cutter...nice drool .. anyways just drooling here.. seanny

Comment

Hey, here's a thought. Why doesn't the RIDGID product development / marketing group start a thread and ask us what we'd like to have? <big grin>

I know for sure that I would get a lot of use out of a rotary tool head with a detachable flex shaft. The addition of the flex shaft would require a trigger accessory / adjustable clamp of some sort to keep the RPM where you want it so you'd have both hands free to work with. Bit of a challenge, yup, but not insurmountable.

I'd do cartwheels if they'd come up with a mini reciprocating saw head that you could use standard recip blades in.

Keep up the great work RIDGID!
                              "Good enough" isn't really "good"...

Comment

Working...
                              X