X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used TS3650 - what's a good price?

I thought I had a bead on a used 3612 that was in pristine condition, but it sold before I got to it. I'm still bummed about that, but I found a 3650 that seems to be in decent shape. The top has some rust, but it should clean up ok. Other than that it seems to be in good, but not great shape. All of the working parts seem in good order, but it's not the cleanest looking. I think the seller is asking too much, but he doesn't want to come down on price. What does everything think is a fair price for this saw in 'average' condition?

Re: used TS3650 - what's a good price?

$200 - $250 if there are no after market extras.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

$200-300, depending on completeness (miter gauge, fence, blade guard, splitter) and condition. $250 on average. this is a tool that can last several decades when cared for properly. i wouldn't quibble over $25 here or there for the right one.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

he wants $350 & told me that he turned down $275 from someone else so I think the absolute least I could get it for would be $300. When I looked at it the blade guard was removed & he didn't say anything about having it. The fence, miter gauge, & splitter were all intact.

The thing I'm struggling with is spending $300 for this one vs $400 for a new R4512. it sounds like overall the 3650 was probably better made, but it's about 7 years old & has no warranty.

The guy was going on & on about how much he liked the saw & how good it was - I think he just doesn't want to get rid of it, so he's keeping the price up so he doesn't have to sell it (I think the wife may be a factor in it being for sale at all)

Comment

$350 sounds high, I bought mine in 2008 for $250, it is in very good shape and had no extras but all the factory stuff and at the time I found several in the $225-$300 range. I'd keep looking...

Comment

Originally posted by PMR413 View Post
            $350 sounds high, I bought mine in 2008 for $250, it is in very good shape and had no extras but all the factory stuff and at the time I found several in the $225-$300 range. I'd keep looking...
            I agree, keep looking. This is a purchase that more likely than not you'll have to live with for a long time. There will always be another table saw for sale so don't rush yourself into an impulse buy.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by PMR413 View Post
              +1 on the other comments. although, you noted it had the slpitter, but not the blade guard. since the blade guard is attacheded to the splitter, how could one be present without the other? does it have the herc-u-lift? if you can get a 4512 for $400, i'd go that route. it's LSA eleigible, has a riving knife, it's configured as a hybrid as opposed to a contractor saw and has a t-square fence.
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

huh...you must be right. I was looking at 2 different ones around that time, I must have mixed up the details. Regardless, the guy is not moving off his price so I'm ruling it out. It's looking like a new R4512 for me now..

Comment

When i put mine up for sale recently for $350, I first offered it here on the forum then I emailed a bunch of friends close by and I had three bites on the first day. But I had a bunch of extras that went with mine and it was as close to new condition as a 6 year old saw could be.
                  http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t35614/

So a 3650 for $300 is a little high unless it got everything with it and in excellent condition.
                  Blade guard or miter gauge missing that's point off in my book. No manual that will cost him too.

A saw with average use and condition shouldn't bring more than $250-275, and it goes down from there if its missing anything.
                  at least that's how I would look at it if I were looking to bu one now.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

$300-$350 is a bit steep IMO considering it's not mint, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad purchase for you. What else are you finding for $300? How does everything look underneath, and how does it run?

Comment

Working...
                    X