Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else get Table Saw service at home?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else get Table Saw service at home?

I have a crack in my TS3600 saw's table that I want to get serviced. However all the service centers around me require I bring it to them.
    Has anyone had their saw serviced at home? Does Ridgid even do that?
    Thanks

Re: Anyone else get Table Saw service at home?

Based on what I have been told by the local service tech, it has been done in the past for the marble top table saws. He apparently went state wide for service issues (don't know what it was for though).

As far as the issues I experienced with my 2412 this spring: I was told to bring it in for parts & service.

( Given the work involved in that, diss-assembly, reassembly in shop, parts, proof of correction, diss-assembly in shop, transport, reassembly ... I returned it to HD <90days satisfaction. )

Comment

You'd be really lucky I think to get in home service. They did try to offer that when there was a recall on the R4511's with an arbor issue. They couldn't find a service mechanic to come check mine, but some others did. HD came and picked mine up and dropped off a brand new R4511 that was not in the recall serial numbers.

Since then I did have a service issue and I did have to take the top and rails off and tilt it into the back of my wagon and haul it an hour away to the service center. They were great and ordered all the parts needed and fixed, lubed, cleaned and had the saw ready in 3 days. I was impressed and it was a bit of a pain to do the disassembly thing, but for the service work they did it was worth it.

Comment

My guess is that if you were paying the bill they would come and do an in home service. But if Ridgid is paying, you must bring it to them. I've had in home service on other brands done right in the workshop.

Red
        Red

Comment

They did my R4511 safety recall work here in my shop. But, the Ridgid warranty I believe states that you must take the product to their service center. The recall on the R4511 was a bit different. As I remember the official R4511 recall statement stated to contact Ridgid "to schedule a free on-site repair". They were kind of boxed into doing the repairs at the customers location after issuing the recall.

Comment

AFAIK Sears offers, or did offer, an optional in home warranty service but it's not traditionally part of most warranties. Once you pull the fence, wings, stand, and the motor off, your saw really shouldn't be too hard to manage.

Comment

Working...
            X