X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New x4 impact driver battery test

Hey guys. I'm tiling my dining room and kitchen and I screwed in 1 1/4" screws through 1/4" plywood and old hardwood underneath. Anyways I thought it would be a good test for the battery life and to see what the drill would do.I got very close to 675 screws. Seems pretty respectable.
    Last edited by 7 stars; 06-03-2011, 12:05 PM.

Re: New x4 impact driver battery test

I would be very interested in seeing what an old style LI-ION battery would do in that same test. An even better real world test would be 3" grabber screws.

Out of curiosity, why are you using plywood as an underlayment for tile? 1/4" ply is more expensive than Hardiboard or cement board around these parts.
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Which battery did you use? the 1 1/2 Amp hour
      or the 3.0 amp hour rated battery?

Cactus Man

Comment

I am assuming its the 1.5ah battery, which is what comes in the impact kit available at HD. He did not mention it was the 5pc kit???

When the big batteries do come out, I will have to buy one and see how much better they really are... I am not very pleased with the life compared to my old Dewalt NICD stuff. They work, but the illusion of battery life lasting forever is not there.

Comment

it was the 5 piece kit and i was using the batteries provided. they have great life to them imo but i havent had other sets to compare to. love the batt life light on the new batteries. they seem to be working alot harder in the saws but still tons of power and good life.
          i got a good buy on my plywood so i didnt really explore my options on the underlayment. we are also very far apart. california and im in new brunswick, canada. east coast.

Comment

Originally posted by 7 stars View Post
            it was the 5 piece kit and i was using the batteries provided. they have great life to them imo but i havent had other sets to compare to. love the batt life light on the new batteries. they seem to be working alot harder in the saws but still tons of power and good life.
            i got a good buy on my plywood so i didnt really explore my options on the underlayment. we are also very far apart. california and im in new brunswick, canada. east coast.
            I guess you are right, What is common sense in one area, is unheard of in another. Its funny too, My area wont be getting the X4 kits for another month yet. BOO!

Comment

Well ever since I bought mine I haven't seen any x4 kits. The manager told me when I preordered that he was only getting 2 kits for now. I don't know what's up with that unless there letting the few that got them fo the product testing.

Comment

Originally posted by 7 stars View Post
                Well ever since I bought mine I haven't seen any x4 kits. The manager told me when I preordered that he was only getting 2 kits for now. I don't know what's up with that unless there letting the few that got them fo the product testing.
                Some markets are SLOOOW to get new products in. My stores will not get the X4 5 pc kit for another month in a half, while other stores have had them now for a month! We have had the X4 impact for a month however, but no 5 pc kit...

Comment

I didn't know the Ridgid availablity varies so much by region.

Here in Southern New England, we have the X4 5 piece combo kit, hammerdrill kit, and impact kit. I'm pretty sure they've been in stock for more than a month.

I bought the X4 hammer. The drill is awesome, a big improvement over the X3- it has a much more dependable feel, just when using the switches, torque setting etc. You can tell a quality tool just by holding it, and the X4 drill is.

Comment

Working...
                  X