Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is a TS2424-1 worth nowadays?

Attachment

Is this table saw worth $180 (6/5/2011)? Or should I not bother with it, and go with a new table saw, r4512?
    Attached Files

Re: How much is a TS2424-1 worth nowadays?

$180 for a 2424 in good condition would be a good deal. It's one of the last of the Emerson, Built In USA, contractor style table saws. FWIW, if you so desire you can move the rails over farther to the right to increase the rip capacity of the saw. If you do this, you may have to drill a hole or two and replace the tape but those are easy fixes.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

+1 on worth it. i have a 2412, which was an entry level model of the 2424 and 3612 models. my saw has done everything i've asked it to do. and i've passed on keeping 3650s (that i got new from HD for $99) and a 4511 (that i also got @ HD new for around $250). what can i say, i like my saw. and those older gray emerson built ridgid tools carry a lifetime guaranty that is tool, not owner, specific. for $180, i'd buy it myself if it wasn't so far away.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

+2....well worth $180 if it's in good shape. I wouldn't even dicker on price if it checks out. Should clean up like new. Get it aligned and buy a nice blade for it.

Comment

Thx for the input.

Comment

Good deals on nice tools tend to go fast....is it even still available?

Comment

Yah, I believe it is.

Comment

Working...
              X