Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS/UV (Miter Saw Utility Vehicle) stand parts?

I recently picked up an MS/UV miter saw stand second-hand. The only obvious issue with this stand is that one of the little U- (or V-) shaped clamps that retains the legs is missing. Here is the exact part I need:
    Clamp [829741] - $1.43 at eReplacementParts.com
    The part number of this piece appears to be #829741.

Unfortunately, the only sources online that I can find for this part state the the part is obsolete and no longer available.

Does anyone know where I can find such a part? Maybe you've got an MS/UV lying around that is otherwise broken and would be open to parting it out?

Any help you can provide is most welcome.

Thanks,
    A Ridgid Newbie

Re: MS/UV (Miter Saw Utility Vehicle) stand parts?

Did you find the part you needed? If not I might be able to help you.

Comment

I have the same problem...do you have more than one clamp available, Bergeson10?

Comment

looks like one could be made out of a small piiece of square tubeing using a hack saw, file and drill.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I'm a machinist so I made some for my saw stand out of aluminum that work great. I made extra if you still need them. Make me a offer?Attachment
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bergeson10 View Post
            I'm a machinist so I made some for my saw stand out of aluminum that work great. I made extra if you still need them. Make me a offer?Attachment
            Do you still have any of these left? I am missing two of them. Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stevil73 View Post
              Do you still have any of these left? I am missing two of them. Thanks
              Very easy to make for yourself with only a hacksaw and a file. From the photos in this thread and your engineering background you should be able to come up with the dimensions to make your own. To come up with the needed short pieces of square tube look around at repurposing some material from another application, maybe an old piece of exercise equipment, or some other manufactured items with the required tube size.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
              X