X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Replacement + Battery serial numbers

I have seen some horror stories on here regarding the warranty and service agreement. I've been buying Ridgid tools for almost ten years, and for the first time ever, I recently had a battery go.

1 out of 8 isn't bad, but it was on the "Fuego" 18 volt li-ion compact drill/driver...one of my newest batteries. It was the 1.5 li-ion, the smaller version of the generation of batt's that come with the X3 drill. The battery was manufactured in '09.

So i brought it to my closest service center (5 miles away). And I was handed a BRAND NEW replacement battery!!! I figured I would be getting someone else's remanufactured battery, and mine would be reman'd and given to the next person, etc.

I didn't even need the receipt. As the first two numbers in the serial number of the batt. are the year it was made, the "09" verified that it was clearly covered by the three year warranty.

Do they always replace batteries with brand new ones?

Re: Battery Replacement + Battery serial numbers

Never had to replace a Nicad/Li battery yet but not impressed with the endurance of the Li 1.5 battery. If you signed up for LSA be sure to contact Ridgid customer service to update your account with the new serial number for future problem-free service. Glad to hear your battery replacement worked out smoothly.

Comment

Thanks! Great advice, I'm always on top of the LSA agreement. I didn't think to update the serial # though.

Comment

Hello, I am new here. I just found out last week that my 2 ea LI 18V Batteries will not take a charge. Just sent an email to customer service and read your email. I hope for good news tomorrow to go and get new batteries. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Working...
        X