X3 Li-Ion batteries can't run the compact radio R84081

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: X3 Li-Ion batteries can't run the compact radio R84081

sounds like a potential fire hazard to me.

Comment

Not much to go wrong IMO. Take Dewalt top, connect wires to the contacts, epoxy glue that top to the bottom of a dead tool, and connect those wires from the Dewalt top to the Ridgid bottom. 2 wires for + and -, one wire ran in parralell to the two temp sensor wires for the ridgid. MaYbe the new Dewalt LI-ION batteries have two heat probes, i dunno.
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Li-ion batteries are awesome, with one exception: they have a tendency to burn/explode. Sure, you could rig up your own setup that would charge the batts, but will it be able to communicate with the li-ion motherboard and regulate the charging heat/temp?

UL lists things for a reason!

Comment

As for the original topic of this post, I am glad to say that I recently got a replacement for my mini radio. The new one works perfectly with all of my batteries; the original (X1) 1.9 amp hours, the X3 li-ion 1.5 ah compacts, and the new 3 ah X4 li-ions.

My new radio is the same model number as the previous one.

Comment

How did you go about getting a replacement? Did you get the hookup from Ridgid?
            We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
            X