Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking advice for cutting limestone stairs

Hi,

I am wondering what kind of power tool would help me to cut limestone bedrock. I would like to make both horizontal and vertical cuts so I can create some stairs in a limestone slope. Would really like it if the tool would prove useful in other applications as well. Grinder with special blade?

Thanks,

b
    Last edited by baidarkabob; 06-12-2011, 10:39 AM.

Re: Seeking advice for cutting limestone stairs

We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

diamond blades, (diamond dust/chips are embedded in the edges of the blades), they make many different kinds and types of blades and in large commercial setting there are even wire saws at one time they have wires that are close to a mile long and a cutting compound is driped on the wire to cut large blocks, do day they have small inserts clipped on the wire/cable),

but most likely if your really serious about the idea there is a company that makes a chain saw, that has diamond teeth, one could cut deep enought to get step sized slabs,
      ICS Concrete Saws

note: none of this is cheap,
      Last edited by BHD; 06-12-2011, 03:52 PM.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

You can rent these saws by the day

Comment

Originally posted by turnersawman View Post
          You can rent these saws by the day
          Maybe in the US, but looking at his location will lead me to believe that he is not in the USA?
          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
          X