X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid 18 Volt Impact

X2, and heavily used X3 If you buy more parts together the entire lot gets cheaper per piece. $50 for an impact, or $100 for a charger, impact and drill, works out to be $33.33 per item. Re-sell what you don't need for, it makes what you keep way cheap.

Home Depot will put their stuff on clearance and once its gone, its gone. The X3 5 pc kit is on clearance at $450, the Fuego impact kit was reduced to $129(the smaller less durable version of the X3) The longer the stuff stays on the shelf, the cheaper it gets. Eventually it will get marked down to .01 (thats one penny) smashed and trashed. (or donated to charity)
    Last edited by masterbeavis; 06-17-2011, 02:13 PM.
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

using a drill as a driver sucks. Have you ever used an impact driver? If you had you would not be hmming and hawing over paying what they are worth.

Comment

I am very sure I said HOME DEPOT CANADA in my last post. I was in the Kanata store yesterday for work and saw that they had the 18 volt impact on clearance sale I think it was 200 bucks, charger, 2 batteries and bag and the gun. They had something about 20 percent off too

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
          using a drill as a driver sucks. Have you ever used an impact driver? If you had you would not be hmming and hawing over paying what they are worth.
          I have the five piece nicad set and the driver is amazing! Much stronger than the drill and does not require the same downward pressure. I have a 3/8ths and 1/2 inch socket adapter that makes this a very handy and versatile tool. I would strongly urge anyone who does not have a five piece kit to make the investment. Get the LSA, tools, batteries and charger. You will not be sorry.

Comment

I was reluctant to drop $300 on an impact driver back in the day until the day I tried one. It drove 3" screws through old hard 2x4's like it was nobodys buisness. No more putting 180# of force on the drill to keep the bit driver from camming out the head of the screw....

Comment

exactly my point, once you realized how useful the tool is its a done deal!

Comment

I forgot to mention that with the impact driver you only need your index finger and thumb to operate it, it was a week and a day difference (as opposed to being a night and day)

Comment

I talked to the DM at my local Home Depot, he will sell me the X3 impact for $75.

Comment

I wish that were the case here. With my military discount, that would be a price I could pay.

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
                    I talked to the DM at my local Home Depot, he will sell me the X3 impact for $75.

Comment

Looks like you will need to Ebay a used one or one from a kit, if you look there are deals out there. for less than $75.

Comment

I am going to quit wasting my time trying to find one. I think EBAY sellers are price gougers and for the amount of use it will get, I am not paying that. I am using my drill.
                        What happens in California doesn't work here!

Comment

The ebay "price gougers" set their prices based on market demand. Their prices are cheaper than the list price at Home Depot for bare tools. I admit that getting things for damn cheap might be a fluke at my local stores, it only works at 2 of the 7 I go to.

I dunno, its your call. I would gladly pay $75 for an impact driver now that I have used one.

I find deals on ebay for $125 shipped for an older set, impact, saw, drill, sawzall, sometimes batteries. Keep what you want, resell the rest, get what you want for next to nothing. Its up to you, you can get your used impact for next to free if you are willing to do the legwork. Otherwise, suffer.

$80 buy it now, Drill, Impact, charger, one new battery, one used, 1 dead, $18 shipping. ($98 total)
                          Re-sell the drill for $40, sell the charger for $10, sell all the nicd batteries for $30ish, your impact is like $40 depending on what you re-sell everything for. Right now its listed at $25.
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/Ridgid-cordless-...e#ht_500wt_949
                          Last edited by masterbeavis; 07-05-2011, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
                            I am going to quit wasting my time trying to find one. I think EBAY sellers are price gougers and for the amount of use it will get, I am not paying that. I am using my drill.
                            What happens in California doesn't work here!
                            you dont seem to have a good grasp on what things cost. Go to dollar general or harbor freight i guess. Way cheaper there

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                              you dont seem to have a good grasp on what things cost. Go to dollar general or harbor freight i guess. Way cheaper there
                              I didn't know dollar General sold impact drivers...what brand do they sell? Infact Dollar general does not even sell power tools here. You guys must have the mega stores or somthing.

Comment

Here is my toy store. I have gotten tons of deals out of that overhead rack! When they send stuff off, it does get sent back, you just have to talk to them nicer!

Comment

Working...
                                X