Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 18 Volt Impact

Hello
    Does Ridgid/Home Depot sell the 18 volt lithium impact driver as separate tool or is it just part of a larger kit? Thanks, Ron

Re: Ridgid 18 Volt Impact

Is this it?

Comment

That is the newest one. The one I would like to have is the earlier one. I would prefer not to pay that much though. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Home Depot might sell the impact as a bare tool online, but in the store it comes as a kit. You get a better deal on almost any tool when you buy it as a kit. Priced individually, that kit will be $70 for the battery, $50 for the charger ($130 already...) Here is the bare X3 tool for $119
        X3 Compact Impact Driver Tool Only - R86030N at The Home Depot

If you have batteries already, a bare tool can save you some money if you really were that cheap, but I like the idea of more batteries and more chargers. A $20 savings does not suit me to loose out on so much stuff. I have carry three impacts(2 18v and 1 12v right angle) 2 hammer drills, three lights, a large and small reciporicating saw, and three chargers. Of course I need these tools to make my living so having only one of something with me would be a disaster if the tool were to ever fail on the job.

If all else fails, hit up Ebay and Craigslist. There are lots of them there, bare tools, kits with batteries, etc. You get a better deal usually if you buy more than what you need and sell off the rest to make what you wanted free.

If that does not work, I would check out Home Depot, ask for the Tool Department "Department Manager" And ask that person if they have any Ridgid 18V kits that have been returned or opened and are missing tools. I have had excellent luck with getting individual tools for smoking prices. I have access to one right now that I know I can get for a good price but if I were to buy it to resell, I would raise the price to what they sell for on Ebay. Some stores sit on returns, others dump them immediately.
        Last edited by masterbeavis; 06-14-2011, 01:39 AM.
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

I have carry three impacts(2 18v and 1 12v right angle) 2 hammer drills, three lights, a large and small reciporicating saw, and three chargers.
          [/QUOTE]

BALLZ OUT

Comment

What can I say?? I hate not being prepared. In the past I have had tools fail, when they go down, if I am lucky I can borrow something, but usually I am in the middle of nowhere by myself. I can never seem to bring enough crap!

Comment

Home Depot in Canada has the 18 volt impact driver on sale with 2 batteries and charger , the bag last time I was in the store I saw the display, forget the price, i was thinking i shoudl get it but I have a nicad one and very happy with it

Comment

Appreciate the replies, but none of them help me here. Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
                  Appreciate the replies, but none of them help me here. Ron
                  And this was what?
                  Originally posted by ME

If all else fails, hit up Ebay and Craigslist........

If that does not work, I would check out Home Depot, ask for the Tool Department "Department Manager" And ask that person if they have any Ridgid 18V kits that have been returned or opened and are missing tools. I have had excellent luck with getting individual tools for smoking prices...... ASK them to sell you a bare tool!
                  Hows that not help somebody?

Comment

I was talking about the deals in Canada and not the U.S. deals or help. I should have been more clear. Ron

Comment

Ron, go to your Home Depot and talk to the DM~! The thing I talk about exists no matter where a Home Depot is, the US, Canada, BFE, wherever! People return the tools, the store CANNOT sell them as new, the tools eventually get marked down and sold (usually) way cheaper than if you were to buy them either as a bare tool, or in a kit.

Talk to the Department Manager of the Tool Department and let me know what he says. If you check in with him on a regular basis, you will find what you need, and for cheap. Trust me on this, I have saved TONS of $$ using this method.

Comment

I did go to 2 HD and they both told me the same. They said that if a kit is returned or tool is return whether it is damaged or not they can not and would not sell tools out of it. They said that since Ridgid provides them with a warranty they just return the tools to them and the store get credit. There is no need for me to keep asking them as they have stated the store position and won't budge. The stores ar ein Kingsport and Morristown TN.
                        I am just going to continue using my drill as a driver and drill.
                        Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
                        Ron, go to your Home Depot and talk to the DM~! The thing I talk about exists no matter where a Home Depot is, the US, Canada, BFE, wherever! People return the tools, the store CANNOT sell them as new, the tools eventually get marked down and sold (usually) way cheaper than if you were to buy them either as a bare tool, or in a kit.

Talk to the Department Manager of the Tool Department and let me know what he says. If you check in with him on a regular basis, you will find what you need, and for cheap. Trust me on this, I have saved TONS of $$ using this method.

Comment

If all else fails try E-Bay
                          Many folks, even some here, purchase kits and break them up to sell
                          individual pieces.

I recently picked up two of the new 18V 3AH lithium ion hyper batteries
                          And cheaper than at Home Depot....I have registered them for the 3 year warranty but they do not
                          qualify for the LSA program.

In the past I also purchased some of the Ridgid 18V tools on E-bay and they are just fine.

Just be sure to find a seller with a large number of positive reviews.

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
                            I did go to 2 HD and they both told me the same. They said that if a kit is returned or tool is return whether it is damaged or not they can not and would not sell tools out of it. They said that since Ridgid provides them with a warranty they just return the tools to them and the store get credit.
                            You did not tell me that earlier, that changes alot.(in your case) Either you are stuck paying about $80 on ebay for one, or the $120 for the bare tool at home depot (this is the link to it) X3 Compact Impact Driver Tool Only - R86030N at The Home Depot

The older 18V impacts go for about $50 shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
                              You did not tell me that earlier, that changes alot.(in your case) Either you are stuck paying about $80 on ebay for one, or the $120 for the bare tool at home depot (this is the link to it) X3 Compact Impact Driver Tool Only - R86030N at The Home Depot

The older 18V impacts go for about $50 shipped.
                              The older impacts go for $50 from ebay or home depot? I'm thinking that once the X4's are nationwide, HD will sell off the X3 stuff cheap. Haven't seen it yet, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X