X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RD 6800 Ridgid Generator Questions

I just purchased an rd 6800 generator and I have a couple of questions hopefully someone may be able to answer. I was filling out the warranty card and I can’t find the tool identification plate which is supposed to have the model and serial number on it. I looked everywhere and it’s not on the machine unless I’m blind. I called ridgid customer support and they said all I need is to photo copy the receipt from home depot and keep it in a safe place. If that’s the case why is there a return registration warranty card? And just with a home depot receipt how do I prove I am the original purchaser? Second question I have about an hour of run time on the machine and it seems to have a slight miss is this something that will go away after break in or should I be concerned? Adding different amounts of loads electrically doesn’t seem to make an impact on the rough running. The unit has a Yamaha engine on it. Sorry for the lengthy post.
    J

Re: RD 6800 Ridgid Generator Questions

Not sure .I ran my honda the other night during an outage.Realized when I went to power it off the choke was still closed .Only ran it for an hour and ran everything it was suppose to run. I was hearing a slight miss during shut down though.I am going to fire it up today and let things warm up, change the oil as I has the recommended hrs. on it for the first oil change
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by David Grothe View Post
      ... I looked everywhere and it’s not on the machine unless I’m blind.... And just with a home depot receipt how do I prove I am the original purchaser?... it seems to have a slight miss is this something that will go away after break in or should I be concerned?
      The data label is on the black alternator housing. Look at the housing behind the muffler.
      Any ASC can file warranty based on the serial number and the date on your receipt.
      A 'slight' miss doesn't necessarily indicate any meaningful issue. It really depends on your interpretation of 'slight'. If you think it's excessive, take it to your ASC for a second opinion.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. Doctordeere you where right on with the serial number. And thanks for your input as well OLD1. The slight miss I think is normal because I ran it for another hour and it seems to be going away.

Comment

Working...
        X