X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new ridgid table saw R4510 will not work

I bought a new R4510. Paid $530 with tax. I have had it for 2 weeks. I have never plugged it in. The spreader lever will not move. I have oiled and pulled as hard as possible it will not move.
    What is wrong? I am unhappy with this product.

Re: Brand new ridgid table saw R4510 will not work

Originally posted by ronney View Post
    I bought a new R4510. Paid $530 with tax. I have had it for 2 weeks. I have never plugged it in. The spreader lever will not move. I have oiled and pulled as hard as possible it will not move.
    What is wrong? I am unhappy with this product.
    have you tried reading the instructions?
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Pardon my ignorance but what is a spreader lever?
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yes I read the instructions carefully and also called Ridgid twice. They were knowledgeable and guided me through the proper procedures to move the spreader lever. They said to spray it with oil. It still will not move. So I guess I will have to take it back for a refund. A lot of trouble and time wasted.
        The spreader lever is next to the blade. Pull the lever up for thru cuts. Push it down for for partial cuts. The lever at the store display moves. The one I have will not move no matter how hard I pull on the lever.

Comment

Seeing as that your saw is a portable saw it shouldn't be that much trouble to just load it up in your vehicle and exchange it for a different one at HD. That is, if your purchased date is within the last 90 days.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

you are right. I threw the box away. I guess I will just put it in the truck of my car and tie the trunk shut. Even though it is portable it is heavy. about 125 pounds
            I was hoping there was an easy fix like an adjustment screw. Ridgid said the 10 mm screw on the lever had a spring at one end that could fall off if turned wrong.

Comment

I have the R4510 and it is a good saw for the price.

As for the lever, it is a ***** to move - but it moves. It only rotates a quarter turn each direction. I don't think oil in there is a great idea.

RC

Comment

Oil near anything plastic is BAD! Petroleum based products on rubber and plastic will make them brittle and eventually fail.
                We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Thanks for the advice. The Oil did not work anyway. I even tried turning the bolt that goes through the handle with a wrench. The bolt through the handle is soft metal and would not turn. I guess there is lock tite on the other end. I have spent enough time on this new saw. Time to return the saw as suggested earlier before I break the spreader handle off or bend the frame or cut my hand on the blade. Could be something else wrong with it any way and I have no experience in repairing Ridgid saws.

Comment

For what its worth, I took my 4512 back for an exchange after I had thrown the box away. I just took it in as it was(which was completely built). Home Depot didn't seem to care and they exchanged it.

Comment

Thanks. I will when it stops raining. It will be hanging out of my car trunk.

Comment

Working...
                      X