• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 18 volt jobmax??

Click image for larger version

Name:	00334c7bf2dfaa625c23d22f57c040ca.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	16419Saw first mention and photos of 18 volt jobmax today. Battery position and belt clip stand out as good ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	00334c7bf2dfaa625c23d22f57c040ca.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	16419Saw first mention and photos of 18 volt jobmax today. Battery position and belt clip stand out as good ideas.
      Woot! Now, it better have a locking trigger and hopefully a grinder head attachment available soon and you have a true winner!

Comment

Any information on price and availability?
        I wonder how balanced this will be with a battery hanging off the rear?

So far I have not seen anything at any Home Depot in Phoenix Metro

Cactus Man

Added information 7-16-2012:

I finally found the 18v Jobmax on line.
        Home depot website and search for" Jobmax 18v console"
        internet number 23371437
        product model number R8620

Price $99.00
        Availability.....no stock and only sold on line!
        Last edited by cactusman; 07-16-2012, 12:38 PM. Reason: update information

Comment

RIDGID JobMax 18 Volt Console (Tool Only)

Model # R862004

Internet # 203371437

$99.00 /EA-Each
          Free Shipping not in stock on line

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Industry's most versatile tool system is expanding its power options again. Ridgid introduces the X4 18V base for the system of interchangeable tool heads. The X4 18-Volt JobMax is the most compact multi-tool on the market for cutting, sanding and scraping in the tightest areas. The Ridgid JobMax X4 18-Volt Multi-tool accepts all popular multi-tool accessories with the included universal adapter, so you can choose the right attachment for every job. This unit works with all Ridgid 18-Volt batteries (not included) and all of the Ridgid JobMax attachment heads.

Tool-free quick connect interface easily attach and detach the right head for the right application
          Grip light engages LED light independently of trigger to illuminate work space
          Hex grip a innovative micro texture for secure grip and maximum user comfort
          Variable speed trigger provides more speed control to match the application
          Compact head profile for reaching into tight spaces
          4 Directional head positions adjustable for better access in tight spaces
          Universal Adaptor compatible with all popular multi-tool accessories
          Removable belt hook attaches to either side of the tool to keep it in immediate reach
          MFG Brand Name : RIDGID
          MFG Model # : R862004
          MFG Part # : R862004

SPECIFICATIONS
          Additional attachments included No Amperage (amps) 18 A
          Assembled Depth (in.) 11.770 in Assembled Height (in.) 4.520 in
          Assembled Width (in.) 3.543 in Batteries Included No
          Battery Type N/A Battery charge time (min.) 60
          CSA Listed No Charger Included No
          Chuck Capacity 0 in Chuck Type Industrial
          Color Family Orange Cordless Tool Type Rotary Tool
          Cordless/Corded Cordless ETL Listed No
          Item Package Type Cardboard Container Manufacturer Warranty 3 Year Warranty. Lifetime Service Agreement with registration. Free Parts. Free Service. For Life.
          Maximum Speed (rpm) 0 Power Tool Product Type Cordless
          Product Depth (in.) 11.770 Product Height (in.) 4.250
          Product Weight (lb.) 2.730 Product Width (in.) 3.543
          Returnable 90-Day Switch Type Trigger
          UL Listed 1-UL Listed Variable Speed Yes
          Voltage (volts) 18 V

I corrected the Home Depot spelling errors!

Cactus Man
          Last edited by cactusman; 07-16-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I just visited the TTI website...

they show Ryobi, Milwaukee, AEG and other brands but nothing about Ridgid.
            Looking at the AEG product line offered in Europe you see their orange products
            AEG USA products do not show any orange products!

It seems to me Ridgid decals replace the AEG decals from the batteries, tools, to the battery chargers etc.!!!!!

What gives?

I sent an e-mail asking for information regarding the Ridgid 18v Jobmax console as that is not shown
            in the AEG lineup. As soon as I receive a reply I'll share it here.

Any insight to who's who would be nice. At Home Depot when you ask about Ridgid products
            all you get is the deer in the headlights stare. Even the Ridgid factory rep [locally] has no clue.

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post

It seems to me Ridgid decals replace the AEG decals from the batteries, tools, to the battery chargers etc.!!!!!

What gives?

I sent an e-mail asking for information regarding the Ridgid 18v Jobmax console as that is not shown

Any insight to who's who would be nice. At Home Depot when you ask about Ridgid products
              all you get is the deer in the headlights stare. Even the Ridgid factory rep [locally] has no clue.

Cactus Man
              Good luck, I've emailed AEG a couple times without any response. I've asked about the 18v demo hammer, 14v replacement hyper-lithium batteries and a few other things.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post

What gives?

Cactus Man
                IMO (this is based on pure hunch) it seems that Ridgid here in the states is just AEG tools with Ridgid stickers on them. The only reason I say this is I was poking around on their Europe site and found a SEXY looking beast of a 18v rotary hammer. It seems that the tti picks some of the AEG product to carry here in the states but there's way more variety over there. I'd love to know if they're compatible, seems like there wouldn't be a reason to not make them interchange unless something different with the charging? Tool should be the same though right?

Comment

Just to follow up ...don't expect the 18v Jobmax to be on store shelves ever!
                  They even have a picture of the 18v unit next to the other Jobmax versions but specify "internet only"
                  I still have no clue how they decide what goes on the store shelves.

Regarding the 18v Jobmax being out of stock on line...
                  they estimate availability early September.
                  They also have no idea as to the quantity arriving!

Ridgid, TTI, Home Depot etc. whomever has control of marketing and providing product
                  must be replaced, their business model is simply awful!!!!

Cactus Man

Comment

I just did a search today and found that the only 'available' today unit is an 18V Ryobi. I just acquired the Rigid set, and am truly in love with the tools, and batteries. I saw the Home Depot listing to. The Q&A brought me to a useless rigid site which turns up no searches..

But, I want this 18V JobMax. - like yesterday!

Comment

Working...
                    X