X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 volt jobmax??

is an 18 volt jobmax out of the question? Maybe with the slim grip body?

Re: 18 volt jobmax??

Ive never used a cordless version, but is the 12V have a short run time or not enough power? 18V would make that thing a tank.
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
      Ive never used a cordless version, but is the 12V have a short run time or not enough power? 18V would make that thing a tank.
      well it would be good for things like a right angle drill or impact driver, grinder maybe. 12 volt has good power but i also have six batts

Comment

Its been my experience that you cant make a tool do too many jobs before it starts to suck badly at doing everything. We can't even get Ridgid to give us an 18v Impact Wrench or 18V Grinder, don't jinx us folks who have been waiting in line forever to see those things.
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
          Its been my experience that you cant make a tool do too many jobs before it starts to suck badly at doing everything. We can't even get Ridgid to give us an 18v Impact Wrench or 18V Grinder, don't jinx us folks who have been waiting in line forever to see those things.

i want both of those tools too. Plus a new 18v: jigsaw, and vac (with plug in option). im sure theres more

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
            is an 18 volt jobmax out of the question? Maybe with the slim grip body?
            guess we dont get this because ryobi does! Check out the link

Ryobi Power Tools :: 18V JobPlus

Comment

The jobmax is bulky enough compared to the competition without adding a
              huge boat anchor sized 18v battery to it. Leave well enough alone.
              We already have more than anyone else offers in that there are the
              interchangeable heads plus a battery or AC powered tool. No one offers
              that except RIDGID.

For Ryobi's One+ line it makes sense though, but not for the RIDGID JobMax.
              Last edited by Bob D.; 08-26-2011, 12:23 PM.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                The jobmax is bulky enough compared to the competition without adding a
                huge boat anchor sized 18v battery to it. Leave well enough alone.
                We already have more than anyone else offers in that there are the
                interchangeable heads plus a battery or AC powered tool. No one offers
                that except RIDGID.

For Ryobi's One+ line it makes sense though, but not for the RIDGID JobMax.
                ryobi also has the the same interchangeable heads as jobmax

Comment

Just remember when 18 volt jobmax comes out this year i called it back on 06-26-2011!!!!!!

Comment

Guys, what does Ridgid have to gain by offering more tools? I thought we figured out by now that if Ryobi or the other manufacturers make a tool, Ridgid just gives up. There must be some bean counter at Ridgid who can figure out how many Ridgid 18volt battery and charger owners are out there and growing with every new kit sold. Those all represent potential sales of tools we've mentioned over the years, and yet Ridgid is fine with having those customers who own their batteries and want to buy those tools to find them by other manufacturers.
                    Good luck with your jobmax needs and wants, I'm still wondering how many Ridgid 18volt battery owners are laying down good money for a Ryobi, Milwaukee, DeWalt, or other manufacturer grinder, heavy duty impact wrench or other tool Ridgid can't be bothered to make?

Comment

maybe you get a petition together, ill sign it!

Comment

maybe you get a petition together, ill sign it!
                        I doubt that would be of any help. Ridgid must realize their 18volt batteries can power all the tools Ryobi and the rest offer. Ridgid must realize the folks who own their batteries need those other tools from time to time, and are forced to purchase from their competition. Ridgid must realize if they offered tool for tool, their current and future kit owners would be foolish to go outside the brand. So explain to me how in their right minds they can offer the "Best" 18volt hyper lithium battery and not a full line of tools for it to power? Maybe Ridgid needs to explain that in writing on every kit they sell, so buyers understand what awaits their future expanding tool needs?

Comment

I spoke with someone who said the reps had already been shown the 18v jobmax. They were allowed to see it and try it out at the Q1 meeting. They were not sure when it would be out.

I was going to buy the 12v, now I am waiting on the 18v, I don't need any more different type batteries. I will buy a HF if I need while I am waiting on the 18v.

I wish someone would make a commercial adapter so I could use my ridgid batteries in other brands.

Comment

ryobi also has the the same interchangeable heads as jobmax
                            ryobi has their own line of heads? i thought they only claimed compatability with the ridgid jobmax heads.

Fot TTI it would seem to be more profitable to do the latter.

Unless they made the same tools in the ugly ryobi baby sh!t yellow/green.

That IS an ugly color in my opinion. I bet they never get stolen.
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            ---------
                            ---------

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              Guys, what does Ridgid have to gain by offering more tools? I thought we figured out by now that if Ryobi or the other manufacturers make a tool, Ridgid just gives up. There must be some bean counter at Ridgid who can figure out how many Ridgid 18volt battery and charger owners are out there and growing with every new kit sold. Those all represent potential sales of tools we've mentioned over the years, and yet Ridgid is fine with having those customers who own their batteries and want to buy those tools to find them by other manufacturers.
                              Good luck with your jobmax needs and wants, I'm still wondering how many Ridgid 18volt battery owners are laying down good money for a Ryobi, Milwaukee, DeWalt, or other manufacturer grinder, heavy duty impact wrench or other tool Ridgid can't be bothered to make?
                              They offer only what will sell, not what they think we want or might buy.
                              There is no room in todays board room thinking or bottom line to offer a complete line
                              with only the hope that someone will buy, they need to be reasonably sure we WILL buy
                              for a particular tool to be considered profitable.
                              ---------------
                              ---------------
                              ---------
                              ---------

Comment

Working...
                              X