X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X3's might not go on sale

In the past, HD has cut Ridgid power tool prices as old product lines are phased out by the new one. If any of you guys are waiting to get the X3 stuff on clearance after the X4 stuff is completely released might be waiting for nothing..

I live in southern New England. I believe we are a test market region, as the X4 stuff has been sold here for at least 2 months. I consistently checked HD's to try to get the X3 stuff on sale and it never happened.

I went in to HD today, NO X3 stuff left at all, and it never got priced down.

Glad I picked up the X4 hammer drill. At first I was waiting to get the X3 stuff on sale, but the new battery design led me to get the X4 and not wait for the X3 sale...good thing.

Re: X3's might not go on sale

One local HD had no X3s except for two kits R9682 marked down from 249 to 199.

R860071 Drill/Driver, R86447 Reciprocating Saw, (2) R840084 Compact Li-ion Batteries, R840091 Charger, blade, bit, bag

Comment

One Home Depot near me has them full price, no X4 yet. The one a few miles away has them on clearance for $449, no X4 5 pc set in stock yet.
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

No great deals in either case.

I've been regretting not buying an x2 impact kit ($39) when the x3 stuff came out. Still trying to make up for it. Maybe when the X4 stuff is phased out..

Comment

A guy local to me would buy anything Ridgid when it went on clearance. Unfortunately for me, I got in touch with him once all of the things I wanted were long gone. I bet the flood of their tools on fleabay is what is causing the lack of dumpage.

Comment

Yeah, they've got to be ending up somewhere.

I asked at my closest HD today about the tools returned within the 90 day period. He said they "send them all out." I don't know exactly what that means, but they weren't selling them.

You've got a good thing going there in CA (like we've talked about before), wish they'd sell them here. I want an impact gun, but as it is not a necessity for the work I do, I refuse to pay retail.

Comment

I think he means they get off to be reconditioned. Then they get resold as recons with only a 1 year warranty, and damn near full retail.

Comment

Mind finding me an impact gun?!!

Comment

$75, bare tool, you get a receipt for the LSA, and you pay shipping

Comment

Originally posted by A.T. View Post
                    Yeah, they've got to be ending up somewhere.

I asked at my closest HD today about the tools returned within the 90 day period. He said they "send them all out." I don't know exactly what that means, but they weren't selling them.
                    I mentioned what you said to my HD guys, one of them chimed in "Yeah, that's what we are supposed to say."

Comment

Looks like somebody will be getting the shaft if they choose poorly...

Picture taken at the OTHER Home Depot I bother the employees at.

Comment

Working...
                      X