Is this table saw a good deal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this table saw a good deal?

I have a guy wanting to sell me a couple year old TS3650 for 300.00 if I pick up or 350.00 delivered to my door (around 50 miles one way). Says it is in great shape and I read good things about the saw but cannot find any price info. Can I get an opinion?

Thanks all, Roger

Re: Is this table saw a good deal?

Well I'm not sure how good it looks but in my area there is one going on CL for $375.00 Tool Sale

Comment

check this thread:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t35614-2/

the subject 3650 belonged to a member here and appeared, from the pics, to have been in good shape. the poster reported it went for $350, which included it's many accessories.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thanks Rone and Finer, the guys said it has general wear and tear and has only been used a total of 15 times or less. He is supposed to send pics later today so we will see

Comment

If general wear and tear means rust on the table top that would be easily cleaned up. However, if there is rust present, I would make the drive and check in person to make sure that there is no pitting. IMO, pitting would be a deal killer but that's just MO, yours might be different.
          ================================================== ====
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I will make sure to look for that

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
              check this thread:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t35614-2/

the subject 3650 belonged to a member here and appeared, from the pics, to have been in good shape. the poster reported it went for $350, which included it's many accessories.

That was my 3650 and yes it went for $350 which if you add up all the extras that went with it was a steal.
              7 UHMW ZCis @ $14 each
              Mulecab router table $99
              The folding outfeed table I built for it
              Plus a number of jigs that work only with the 3650 fence

I don't think you could have found a 3650 in better condition unless it was new in the box.
              you could comb your hair looking into that table top, I kept it clean and waxed it regularly.
              there were no scratches or dents in the cabinet, the herc-u-lift worked perfectly,
              the splitter was aligned with the blade and the guard and both were in perfect working order.
              no distortion in the belt that would induce vibration.
              no missing nuts/bolts/screws
              all paperwork, manuals, etc supplied to the buyer.

I'm only listing all this so you can get an idea of what 'clean' means to me.
              I paid $579 for my 3650 new in 2003, sold it 7 years later for $350 w/accessories.
              I used it on many projects but never abused it.

To tell you the truth I am sorry I let it go. Not because I did not get enough for it though I
              probably could if I had asked more, but because I think I will someday build a basement shop
              with limited tools and the 3650 would have made the perfect cental tool around which to assemble that shop.
              "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Working...
              X