X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good news/bad news...

I found a used Ridgid 3660 on milwaukee craigslist a few weeks ago. The guy claimed to have "cut about 6 boards with it". When I got there to check it out, I don't think he was lying - the thing looked like it came right out of the box. The paint on the blade wasn't even worn off.

He wanted $450 for it, which was silly. I told him over email that he was way overpriced & that a fair price would be $250-$300. I figured I'd either p!ss him off or get it for a good price. He said he thought $300 was fair, & had it at $450 because people buying on CL "always lowball".

Long story short, I got it for $300.

Now for the bad news... It's been in the garage for about 2 weeks, still not put together. I'm trying to get a new lawn in & get the house/family ready for a baptism next week. Every time I go to the garage I look at it & say, "soon, baby..........soon..."

Click image for larger version

Name:	879ccc4aeca545f4fd10fadf99b30b10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	15079

Name:	ad24fe160f80ab84c54e70bc9526504d.jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	15080

Name:	513911aeca6133fbf0c58a0132f4634d.jpg
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	15081

Name:	c242dc16c012d9274676133b9eb6d1dd.jpg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	15082

Re: good news/bad news...

I will take that kind of bad news any day. That is like getting getting your cake and getting to eat it too, but only after mom has had her tax on it first (first bite(
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

congrats on a really good buy. looks to be in first rate shape. get some paste wax (no automotive wax) on it asap to inhibit rust on the CI. also, check out the 3650 assembly thread on this forum. there's a wealth of knowledge there to help you get th emost out of your saw.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Nice deal on a nice saw. It's definitely worthy of a blade upgrade...use that stock blade to cut your neigbor's scrap wood!

Comment

Working...
        X