Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So yeah, I like the new 18V batteries already.

So today I bought me a used R968 kit and then some off of Craigslist. I was skeptical when the listing said it had a new battery, but it had the compact LED light I have been trying to get, but did not want to pay $40 for it on ebay. I got a 18V compact impact, drill, 1 handed receip saw, 24v max select circular saw, 3 1.5 ah batteries(all dead, 1 was warrantyable), LED light, charger and a brand new 3.0AH Hyper LI-PO battery! I figure once I sell off what I don't want and the dust settles my net cost will be $10 and will have $220 in freebies

I have not used the new battery yet, but already I am in love with the battery bar flashing as it charges telling me how much of a charge it already has. I am so hyped to see if the Hyper is really that much better in my circular saw.

The LED light is B R I G H T! I would have liked to get the new style light,(it has the diffused light setting) but the old one is better than nothing. Will be doing a battery longevity test soon to report how long it lasts. I still want to get the hand held flashlight, the R849/R859 with the Milwaukee LED conversion bulb for camping and whatnot, but this is a start.

I dealt with the warranty-able batteries I had laying around, now all I need to do is sell off the stuff I have doubles of to make my light and new batteries free.

Not a bad 60 minute round trip out of my way...
    Last edited by masterbeavis; 07-08-2011, 01:38 AM.
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Re: So yeah, I like the new 18V batteries already.

Sounds like you got an awesome deal I also think the new batteries are good with the LED feature, I didn't even realize it was a feature until I got the X4 Kit home and started to read the manuals.

Comment

How much are you going to sell me the impact driver for? Ron

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
      So today I bought me a used R968 kit and then some off of Craigslist. I was skeptical when the listing said it had a new battery, but it had the compact LED light I have been trying to get, but did not want to pay $40 for it on ebay. I got a 18V compact impact, drill, 1 handed receip saw, 24v max select circular saw, 3 1.5 ah batteries(all dead, 1 was warrantyable), LED light, charger and a brand new 3.0AH Hyper LI-PO battery! I figure once I sell off what I don't want and the dust settles my net cost will be $10 and will have $220 in freebies

I have not used the new battery yet, but already I am in love with the battery bar flashing as it charges telling me how much of a charge it already has. I am so hyped to see if the Hyper is really that much better in my circular saw.

The LED light is B R I G H T! I would have liked to get the new style light,(it has the diffused light setting) but the old one is better than nothing. Will be doing a battery longevity test soon to report how long it lasts. I still want to get the hand held flashlight, the R849/R859 with the Milwaukee LED conversion bulb for camping and whatnot, but this is a start.

I dealt with the warranty-able batteries I had laying around, now all I need to do is sell off the stuff I have doubles of to make my light and new batteries free.

Not a bad 60 minute round trip out of my way...

Comment

It's rough and shows signs of use. It still works fine, but it has some scuffs and scratches in it. Its the R86030, it is almost 2 years old. PM me an offer?
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Buy it for the experience versus a drill to drive screws/bolts if it's cheap and still works then next time $119 will be okay. A couple of scrapes/scuffs is part of using the tool and makes the price better for you.

Comment

Working...
          X