X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first year 18volt hand tools

Well I bought mine th first year ridgid offered them. I know it says they have a lifetime warranty but I wonder if they will take care fo my drill driver as it finally died. Of course it was right in the middle of a deck build! But hey I can honestly say these are the best battery tools I have ever had! Thanks Ridgid for the great product. I have had others that didn't last half this long!

Re: first year 18volt hand tools

I'm confused does ridgid make there battery drills sawzalls coded chop saws ect.. in level 2 three years ago now we went to a local whole sale in burnaby Vancouver as a class. Trip the ridgid rep showed is the new sectional machine sea snakes ect.. and I asked if the ridgid tools at home depot were the same quality we would buy from Andrew sheritt or emco and he replied wrenchs cutters flaring tools augers yes.. but when Emerson " aka ridgid made the deal with home depot home depot purchased the brand name off of Emerson for home depots house. Brand much like Walmart did in the late 90s with mongoose bikes" I just took that as a fact in Canada atleast to the best of my knowledge you can't buy ridgid power tools " orange" any where but home depot I see it advertised on there website which is confusing as something changed did the rep lie or as ridgid become such a well known brand due to popularity of homos and dickks I'm mean home depot that they also purchased web rights from emerson. I'm a huge fan of there pipe tools and will continue to be it just seems suspicious biut I'm glad to hear that atleast they are a good product as long as they stand behind it I guess that all that really matters?

Comment

Interesting question. Frankly I don't care who makes them they are ridgid and they run great! I did do a dealer search on several states here in the USA and they all came up Home Depot. I'll venture a guess that they are the exclusive deare for these tools but honestly can you think of a better way to get brand recognition for a new product competeing with the likes of Dewaly and Milwaukee, seems like a well thought out market strategy to me. I really hope the life time warranty they offered the first 18 months doesn't have some loopholes that preclude me from service, kind of a perk for us early adopters with an unproven product. I will still consider the newer 18volt tools even if they don't but it will come down to price vs the competitor. I still think of milwaukee as the gold standard but ridigid may have caught up with them. I haven't followed the cordless tools since I got these so many years ago. I don't rememebr exactly when but it has to be around 7 or 8 years ago. Seems like a good run to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bertotti View Post
        I really hope the life time warranty they offered the first 18 months doesn't have some loopholes that preclude me from service...
        It's all about dates...

Lifetime Warranty Prior to September 2003:
        Product produced prior to September 2003 (All Grey Tools). If a customer presents a tool that was manfactured by Emerson, the product is eligible for limited lifetime warranty for manufacturing defects or workmanship without an LSA number or receipt.

Lifetime Warranty September 1, 2003 - January 31, 2004:
        If a customer presents a tool with proof of purchase (valid receipt) between September 1, 2003 and January 31, 2004, they are eligible for limited lifetime warranty for manufacturing defects or workmanship without an LSA registration.

3-Year Limited Warranty February 1, 2004 - current (not registered for LSA):
        Any RIDGID power tool product automatically receives a three (3) year limited warranty from the date of purchase for manufacturing defects or workmanship. If no receipt is available, the tool is covered for 3 years from the date shown of the date code. The first two numbers indicate the year and the second 2 numbers indicate the week of the year. For instance, 0632 shows that the tool was produced in 2006 during the 32nd week of the year.

LSA (Lifetime Service Agreement):
        If the product falls outside of the 3 year warranty, the tool must have an LSA registration in order to qualify for the Life Time Service Agreement. It's important to confirm that the tool is registered under the account number provided by the the customer, via the portal prior to working on the tool. Any registration discrepancies must be resolved prior to making the repair and filing the claim.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

I still have my receipt for 11-28-2003 but the darn thing is getting so faded I doubt I will be able to read if in a few more years! Anyway I was wrong the driver is fine. A long day, hot weather and fatigue just made me not notice it had slipped between hi speed and low speed! She's up and running fine now! I read my warranty and it said even the batteries are covered. I still have the originals but dog gone if I didn't buy some more. I might have to try and use the warranty for the original batteries! I killed them off in the first couple years! Thanks Guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Bertotti View Post
            I still have my receipt for 11-28-2003 but the darn thing is getting so faded I doubt I will be able to read if in a few more years!
            Take that original receipt to your HD service desk and see if they'll print out a duplicate receipt. I don't know if they can go back to 2003, but it's worth a shot.
            "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Bertotti perhaps you could bring the receipt to Home Depot and get them to write you a new one or document the receipt you have. Explain the situation and the fact the receipt is fading and will soon not be readable and see what happens.

I usually scan or photograph my receipts because of the fading. I once had a Canadian Tire receipt that I couldn't read and the woman at the counter wouldn't accept so I scanned it and messed with the brightness, contrast etc until it was somewhat readable, I printed the page and brought the page and the faded receipt back to Canadian Tire and they honored it.

Comment

I'll try HD first and see what they can do. If that fails I'll try a scan. Thanks guys!

Comment

Well I've had a few issues with my Milwaukee cordless tools they always honoured the warranty but my hackzall as been sent back 5 times in 2 years same problem every time my 18 volt hammer drill driver lithium sucks in any sort of cold " I was told this is with all lithium batteries but after using the makita lithium impact I'm wondering if that may not be the case. Thanks I'm glad to know the ridgid line holds up to professional use I may consider it in the future I have only bought Milwaukee and makita for the most part but ridgid stuff does seem to be quite more affordable which is sure a plus with the lack of new construction in these parts

Comment

Working...
                  X